Monstercraftsman XS650 Brat Kit

Finger Throttle! Available soon from Monstercraftsman.com
This setup allows you to be "Different" and "Special" and also allows you to run any style bmx grip also soon available from Monstercraftsman.com. Shameless...

-Jon

I just recieved my Brat Kit this morning and started working on it right away. A little bit of prep and grinding and it was fitting perfect.
Woodstock-20120820-00213.jpg

Woodstock-20120820-00214.jpg

Picked up the tank from Mostercraftsman as well.

Now time to do some welding.

Eric.

When are you guys gonna start selling your foot pegs with the built in brake pedal?..... I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket

Some further updates.......it is now a roller.

Attachments

• IMG-20120901-00235.jpg
    IMG-20120901-00235.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG-20120901-00237.jpg
    IMG-20120901-00237.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG-20120901-00241.jpg
    IMG-20120901-00241.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 314
Anybody got any pictures of a completed build.
Love this kit, looks like a nice and solid design compared to a few others I have been looking at.
Would be real nice to see a finished bike though
:D

This one is mostly finished. Enough to ride it off-road like a dirt bike. It's getting gxsr front forks right now and then we'll "Finish" it up officially.

484624_432579140128091_522591419_n.jpg

This is the brat in action. Posted it a while back, but if you didn't see it than it will be helpful for you. Rear Suspension is definitely nice if you want the versatility of a dual sport brat:D

How much does this lower the overall seat height. I've got a stock 78 special, and im tired of sitting up so high and so straight, its uncomfortable. I was planning on replacing just the seat, but this looks like a much better option.

How much does this lower the overall seat height. I've got a stock 78 special, and im tired of sitting up so high and so straight, its uncomfortable. I was planning on replacing just the seat, but this looks like a much better option.

26" to the seat I am told

What is the length of the shocks on the bike in the video?

stock length

He asked how much it lowered the seat not distance to the seat. The vis impact drops the seat 6 in. Im guessing the drop in height is very small on this kit.

just do the math Einstein..... measure your stock bike, take away 26" and you will have the answer.... either way he wasn't asking about the VI kit. :D

Yeah i don't like the way the VI kit looks... it appears unfinished to me, the way the shocks mount. I really like the way this kit flows. Looks a lot more professional IMO

I agree with you on that! Looks too Mad Max for me.... but there are alot of nice built bikes with IV kits out there.

Hope its not long before a Monster built brat with a nice finish comes along and

I just purchased kit about 5 minutes ago. Hoping it will reignite a project that has been on the back burner for a few years. Can't wait to get it.

Back