Motocross Style Footpegs

Paul75

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Guys, does anyone know if there are motocross style pegs that will fit the standard footpeg bracket?

I don't know of any, but im sure some here. I haven't looked, but if i wanted some, ide crank up the welder and make a pair

Hi Paul. YZ125 pegs are a direct bolt on. Just drill out the pins on the stock pegs for the larger ones on the YZ pegs. Return springs and stops are a good fit too.
XS Today 004.JPG XS Today 005.JPG XS Today 003.JPG

Hi Paul. YZ125 pegs are a direct bolt on. Just drill out the pins on the stock pegs for the larger ones on the YZ pegs. Return springs and stops are a good fit too.
View attachment 99273 View attachment 99274 View attachment 99275

Cool.
BTW, this is a bit off-topic, but I've been looking for a larger replacement for my 1974 TY250 Trials footpegs which are quite small, and for my size 12 boots, difficult to keep on the pegs. Any idea if these will fit? I imagine they are larger....

I just installed a set on mine last week. I bought a cheap set of Krator brand on Amazon for a YZ80. They measure about 2" wide x 3" long. Took some very minor modification with my 4" grinder and had to spread out the mounts just a tad. The whole mod cost about $20, including the stainless M8 allenhead bolts any nylocks i bought separately. My only complaint was that the add listed them as BLACK, but the are actually GREY. Not a big deal as I can always paint them with bedliner paint. Very happy with the end result and only took about 20-30 minutes for the whole job.

Cool.
BTW, this is a bit off-topic, but I've been looking for a larger replacement for my 1974 TY250 Trials footpegs which are quite small, and for my size 12 boots, difficult to keep on the pegs. Any idea if these will fit? I imagine they are larger....

Hey Yamadude.... I've got a miscellaneous box of parts for ty250 that I scored off craigslist a couple weeks ago. Are you looking for any parts for your bike? If so DM me and I can send you a list of what I have. I was just after the headlight, but it was a package deal. I have no use for most of the rest of it.

I just put some stainless pegs on a little DT175 project; they also fit (so they say) the YZ125 - so they should fit the XS per the poster above - great info BTW.

I looked around awhile, and the best price I could find was about $100 - up to $150!
Then I checked ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-S...ash=item2823820f4a:g:4bgAAOSwR5dXS57e&vxp=mtr

Stainless%20from%20Japan.jpg

These guys make a mold, fire the furnace with natural gas, buy a block of stainless, melt the stainless, cast it, machine part of it, polish it, box, ship, and deliver it to my door in 8 days for $20. Now I have not tested these on 20' motocross jumps... but for my putting around, so far so good.

But from a bigger perspective... I don't know how the US can compete with this...

Pago,
I hear ya. Besides my motorcycles, I've been working on guitars and amplifiers, and the prices of parts from Chinaland can't be beat. Maybe if we used children and prison slave labor working in factory-cities with no EPA or OSHA rules, no bennies, and practically nonexistent pay, maybe we could compete on the world stage. But until the rest of the world catches up to our standards of living, we'll just have to buy stuff from places where it's the cheapest.
Thank God we make better beer. (I do not want to spark debate, just that we've got a ton of awesome micro-brews in upstate central NY that crank out very tasty refreshments!)

I just put some stainless pegs on a little DT175 project; they also fit (so they say) the YZ125 - so they should fit the XS per the poster above - great info BTW.

I looked around awhile, and the best price I could find was about $100 - up to $150!
Then I checked ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-S...ash=item2823820f4a:g:4bgAAOSwR5dXS57e&vxp=mtr

These guys make a mold, fire the furnace with natural gas, buy a block of stainless, melt the stainless, cast it, machine part of it, polish it, box, ship, and deliver it to my door in 8 days for $20. Now I have not tested these on 20' motocross jumps... but for my putting around, so far so good.

But from a bigger perspective... I don't know how the US can compete with this...

These look good actually......I was more thinking black but stainless could be good........are they definitely stainless?

Yep. Stainless. Just barely magnetic. I like stainless, as you never again have to worry about the finish getting buggered.

One option may be useful on the XS is those rubber inserts that IIRC BMW started.
Other companies make them now, for their own aftermarket pegs.
These are from Twisted Throttle; may have to try and find some rubber inserts to mod for these Chinese pegs.

That way, if you are running around town, keep the rubbers on/in to minimize vibes; then when you are ready to go play in the dirt, pop out the rubbers and put them in your pocket.

rubber%20footpeg%20insert.jpg

Then I checked ebay.

Unbelievable value....see photo, these are a direct replacement. I polished the sides up too!
IMG_20170625_145020_317.jpg

- - - Thank God we make better beer. (I do not want to spark debate, just that we've got a ton of awesome micro-brews in upstate central NY that crank out very tasty refreshments!)

Hi Tebo,
agreed that upstate NY micro-brews have the skills & technology to make excellent beer.
Alas that to make the average mass-produced US beer all that's needed is a draft horse and a bucket.

Back