Motorcycle Phone Holders.

Jim

Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation? There's so many rabbit holes on this question when you do a search, it's discouraging. I've got a Pixle2 XL. Anybody have one they like?

HOLD THE PHONE - I have got ZACKLEY what you're looking for.

Here is a photo of an unopened package; the holder mounted on Lucille's bars and finally, a pic with my iPhone-7 in the holder. I have covered a lot of ground with this thing and it seems very secure and it is a nicely made very tidy little unit.

PM sent.

Pete
Phone_Holder-1.jpg

Phone_Holder-2.JPG

Phone_Holder-3.JPG

Personally I can't see why you need the phone on the bars. I don't even carry one in my pocket when I ride.
When I ride I'm trying to get away from all these things that make me need to ride.
TV, phone, computer, work, people. Well not work so much anymore, retied now. These are what make life difficult.
When I ride I ride to get away from all that crap.
Leo

Personally I can't see why you need the phone on the bars. I don't even carry one in my pocket when I ride.
When I ride I'm trying to get away from all these things that make me need to ride.
TV, phone, computer, work, people. Well not work so much anymore, retied now. These are what make life difficult.
When I ride I ride to get away from all that crap.
Leo

Yeah, what Leo said.

I carry my phone just in case I need to make a call. Don't need to see it while I'm riding.

Some of us wander far from home, GPS is nice.....
Zackly...
Took a lot of trips before there ever was such a thing as GPS. Made out a route sheet and put it on my tank bag. I admit GPS is very nice. I use it when traveling in my truck or in rental cars. But it is possible to travel without it.

Took a lot of trips before there ever was such a thing as GPS. Made out a route sheet and put it on my tank bag. I admit GPS is very nice. I use it when traveling in my truck or in rental cars. But it is possible to travel without it.
Yeah... it's possible to travel without it. Depends on how you look at technology I guess. It's still possible to hacksaw your way through a quarter inch sheet of steel, but I'd much rather use my plasma cutter... thank you very much.

Depends on how you look at technology
Technology is great. One thing I like about riding my 650 is it takes me back to a simpler time.

but I'd much rather use my plasma cutter
Plasma cutters are great almost like cheating. Cut a lot of steel with a gas axe before there ever was such a thing as a P-cutter. Cutting stainless was a real pain.

Like others when I'm riding I want to be away from some things. I found out years ago It's possible to be too well connected.

Now if I was going to take another trip on a bike I would find a way to mount my Garmin.

but NOT riding in the rain
Agreed.
My Dad rode bikes back in the 40s and 50s (Indians). Sold it when he married my Mom. (Interesting story for another day and thread.) When I got my first bike the only advice he gave me was " 2 things are going to happen. You are going to get wet and you are going to fall down. Try to get wet more than you fall down " Lived by that since then.

I actually use my phone for navigation on the XS650, but the major purpose is for music in my helmet speakers. Music relaxes me and having it piped into my helmet is truly a delight.

Having the phone visible makes it easier to select good tunes (ONLY when stopped of course) and navigation is obviously much easier too.

Two words make the phone VERY worthwhile.
Weather radar.
I likes lots of different kinds of motorcycling, but NOT riding in the rain. It can often be avoided or waited out somewhere dry if you have enough warning.
You can tell if it's going to rain by looking at the sky. Remember?

Back