1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Motorcycles you've owned

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Travis, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Travis

Travis Staff Member XS650.com Supporter

So it's kind of a combination of restoration and customization....

Seems like every time you actually write down all the little things that need to be done to complete a project, the list is 3 times longer than you thought it would be.

2. pumps

pumps XS650 Junkie

Hey that's just the stuff I can remember!

3. Kyd727

Kyd727 XS650 Addict

just checked out the chopperweb page
    that bike is bad ass!!
    it has inspired me to get moving on a few projects of my own.....great work!

i like the look on your face in the picture with the hack saw.
    classic!!

thanks for sharing

4. Kyd727

Kyd727 XS650 Addict

hey travis,
    thanks for the link to marks xs650... that guy is my new hero!

pumps, i love that 77, very nice!

5. shreveport1

shreveport1 XS650 Addict

I don't have pics of all the bikes i've owned on the pc ....but i do have pic's of the two bike I own currently... :D

Attached Files:

6. Travis

It's crazy how many people that are into XS650s also own (or have owned) an R1, R6, FZ1, or FZ6....

7. shreveport1

shreveport1 XS650 Addict

LOL ...yea I saw in your pic of your shop you had an Fz6,and a Fz1 your's?

8. Travis

The FZ1 is mine and the FZ6 was a friends bike. He just sold it and bought a 2007 R1. I've also had a 2003 R6 and 2005 R6.

9. Yamanut

Yamanut XS650 New Member

WWW.Hotwingglass.com has them. Check out mine and see if that is what you want. Can see it in my album.

10. Yamanut

Yamanut XS650 New Member

I have had too many to start listing here! I dont know how to get them to load so you can see them in my album. If anyone can tell me how to load I will be glad to get them on here.

11. Travis

Posting pictures from your album isn't as user-friendly as it should be. When vBulletin 4.0 is released, it will be much easier! For now, you have to click on the picture in your album and copy the BB code or Picture URL under the picture. In the editor, you can just paste the BB code or click the insert image icon and paste the Picture URL.

Either way, your final BB code will look something like this:

[noparse][​IMG][/noparse]

12. crash

crash XS650 Junkie

keep us updated on the progress of the rebuild,:thumbsup:

13. Mellowyellow

Mellowyellow XS650 Addict

I almost shit my self to when you said you were going to chop that 71, I was writing you down on my hit list as I was reading lol. The early xs's sure have charm. You can chop the rest but not them.

14. Kyd727

Kyd727 XS650 Addict

i agree with melloyello:twocents:

15. Travis

Well he never said he was going to chop the 71. But apparently we all initially read it that way.. haha.. I guess you shouldn't put the word chop in the same sentence as XS1B when you have a picture like that below it.

16. crash

crash XS650 Junkie

i had one of the ugliest yamadogs a 86 fazer will post pics at a later date:laughing:

17. My current rides .....
    1986 VFR750F
    [​IMG]

1972 Yamaha XS650RR
    [​IMG]

18. Trex

Trex XS650 Addict

A 65 Ducati Monza, 66 scrambler, A 200cc Kikker Hardknock, chinese pit bike, and my current chop project 80 xs650 special II..gettin a hardtail and some vintage triumph treatments. Here's a cafe I worked on at work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. shreveport1

shreveport1 XS650 Addict

Those are some Sweet bikes Trex!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

20. Trex

Trex XS650 Addict

I've had a few more like a cm400 and a kawi KZ900...this is what I have right now....getting crowded in the house..LOL. I'll try to find a few more pics of that cafe. My boss is building an XS bob..my coworker a cb750 chop...my riding bro..a cb500t bob...and I'm building the g/f a cx500 trike in addition to my xs bob. should have a buttload of parts in this week.