Moving YUK...Right next to my Bike YEA!!

Orion61

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have been renting from an A-ho*e for 3 years, The guy didn't fix ANYTHING! Gutters drenched basement, rotten wooden outside doors, leaking Faucets, cracked windows, Bad front steps.. Dead Trees on the lot...etc
Took him to Court and WON, the trouble with that is he used the old house is for sale and you have to move.. We offered the assessed value PLUS 7K, Nope he had a buddy sign a Purchase agreement.
BUT I am moving right next to the Building my Bike is stored in, It is heated yeah!!!

I guess you could put it that way, That place was so bad, carrying the dresser out my Nephiew stepped on the edge of the curve Brick steps and 2 bricks gave way and he twisted his ankle!!
This guy is a real piece of work, he buys every single property that comes up on tax or foreclosure auctions, cleans them a bit then rents to the point of
paying for them in 4 or 5 years! He doesn't put money into them, then sells them on rent to own for double what they are worth, that way he doesn't have to do any work. We are in a small town of about 1000 people, mostly older so a lot of "Old Lady houses come up.
We found out our City has a Law on the Books for a pre rental inspection, but they haven't been doing it!?! I know his houses would never pass renters code.. The City Council is resisting implementing it!!! We asked why and they said they couldn't afford to hire an Inspector!... UM Sorry but the Landlord
pays for the inspections!
Still nothing. I think some under the table cash is going their way.. because The Country Club people get everything they want..etc...etc...etc...
sorry for the rant but I'm too dang old to move..
BUT....HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY, Im 50' from my Bike! and it is a Heated building, so I can work all winter!

In Northern Iowa, our Seasons are, "Winter/Winter/ & Road Construction.....
The Mufflers will need to wait, all our extra funds on hand are going to Moving. It is funny there was a time I had over 250k in my savings account,
That was before I got hurt at work,8 Surgeries 3 heart Attacks a PE, MERSA Staff.... Over a stinking $300.00 hand Jack for moving equipment, Pitney Bowes couldn't afford it!!!!

Orion61..................... You certainly have come through some hard times, both physically and financially.
I know I'm not supposed to talk about politics, but I can't hold back. My neighbour has had 25 surguries but he has not paid any money from his own pocket.My wife has had several cancer surguries, and again it cost me nothing.
Its a startling contrast between our 2 countries.

RTG You are correct, and it comes right down to several things here, NUMBER 1! Big Pharma that is unlimited for pricing, our Medicine is so horribly over priced it should be a Crime, How can it be Legal when a Medicine that costs Hundreds of Dollars here be under 1/4th the cost up in Canada, or Mexico. The Politicians are in Big Pharma's Pocket because it is illegal for us to buy the cheaper medicine! The thing everybody says is they don't want to be taxed, but think about it, you pay through the nose as it is now for insurance. Another thing are the huge Corporate Medical Companies, One small procedure I had took under an hour, and cost $35,000.00!!!! Plus all these expensive tests!

Sorry for turning the thread.. but I am really Psyched about being in a place where the Bike and all my Tools are.
You see guys this deal is really serving another bigger purpose. Right now My Dr has pulled my Motorcycle license because of the knee/Meds/Health issue, . I have dropped the pain meds and 1/2 of the others.. I will be ready to ride in the Spring (Legally) that is..
Wish me luck!!

You guys are just.... COOL,,, and you like 650's to!!!
Working on my 75B is the best Physical Therapy I could have, A big doubt was IF I could Kick Start her with a triple replaced knee and Quad repair on it.
The day I tried it, the first attempt was about half hearted and HURT! After that I jumped up and locked my knee, I figured it is going to hurt like you know what or start... She Started! Talk about rapture because that was the deal with Momma about keeping her.
I owe you guys here so many thanks for helping me on my "Therapy sessions" over the past 2 months getting her running again after 13 years!
BTW, To whomever owns that wonderful 70 Green and White beauty, I must be getting old because I Printed out a picture of it and hung it up in my work area. There was a time when it was a Red Head hanging there!

here ya go, this is the most recent day out. See the strange angle of the kicker, it's about to fall off! It is fixed now but it's too cold out for an oldtimer like me to ride.
img_0448-jpg.89817

- - - There was a time when it was a Red Head hanging there!

Hi Orion,
No photos in my garage because all the wallspace is full of racks of bike parts, cupboards full of cans and pegboards covered in tools.
My photos are on the computer room walls; mostly antique bikes. And a Blonde. Does the Blonde still count if you marry her?

Agree with all of the above encouragement - stick at it buddy, you'll get there.

Pete

here ya go, this is the most recent day out. See the strange angle of the kicker, it's about to fall off! It is fixed now but it's too cold out for an oldtimer like me to ride.
Thanks for sharing Wrenchjohn, That thing is so beautiful, it is pretty close to Museum Quality if you ask me! The 650 just has a magic about them, not the fastest or anything like that but those of us that have been bitten bu the bug know the feeling... It is kind of like when you turn the TV on and see the Old Batman Series, and remember the good times jumping around as a little tyke, zapping and BONKing everything in sight (while wearing the Mask Dad made you and one of Moms Towels for a cape).
It is a good thing I don't do that anymore...lol
img_0448-jpg.89817

It warmed up for a day, here's a better pic. At the ruins of a local historic hospital. Thank you for the compliments. It's been a lot of work bringing her back. johnIMG_6903.JPG
IMG_6903.JPG

Last edited:
Back