Mr. Lucky's / Paughco Frame

kvanderploeg

The Dutch Terror
Reaction score
Has anyone used this frame yet? I met him out at the Smoke Out in Santa Rosa, NM this past year, and it looked really good. Pulled the trigger and bought one last night.

Kent

http://www.mrluckys.biz/XS-650-Yama...-1981-Yamaha-XS-650-Engines/product_info.html

ML139Y.jpg

build_c.jpg

I agree the dropouts are ugly as sin.
I like the frame but wouldn't spend the coin to get one

The rest of it is beautiful though, and if you're buying a frame, this one is a bargain. Clean and great lines. Nice purchase.

Last edited:
Good for you. :) Nice proportions and looks well made. The axle plates could have those lower tabs/holes cut away and shaped up-that would make them look OK. Maybe they are meant for a tag mount?

John

lol Yeah, I don't care for the dropouts either and bashed it a little and then realized I came off like a dick and didn't want to shit on kvanderploeg's purchase right after Ghetto and remmy. No need to spoil what he's probably really excited about, so I edited my post. I'm only an ass-hat 99.8% of the time. It's a documented fact. It's on wikipedia.

EDIT: I'm NOT saying that Ghetto and remmy came off as dicks. I'm not denying it either. :laughing:

lol Yeah, I don't care for the dropouts either and bashed it a little and then realized I came off like a dick and didn't want to shit on kvanderploeg's purchase right after Ghetto and remmy. No need to spoil what he's probably really excited about, so I edited my post. I'm only an ass-hat 99.8% of the time. It's a documented fact. It's on wikipedia.

EDIT: I'm NOT saying that Ghetto and remmy came off as dicks. I'm not denying it either. :laughing:

Thanks for not crushing a newbs hopes and dreams. :wink2:

Kent

Meh... it's bound to happen sooner or later. :D

No, seriously... it is.

You have a nice base for a great scoot. Looking forward to watching your progress and seeing the end result. :thumbsup:

Hey kvanerploeg just seen your in grundy.....morris? Im in joliet not really anyone on the board here from the area!

So I don't speak Choppese (bobbese?), what's a drop out? nice lines on the frame. I guess for bobber type duty the neck will be OK, for serious turning it looks flimsy but who would go around a corner fast on a rigid? (I learned my lesson over 30 years ago)

Ahhhh hell got that money! That's a no e place to live do you have a complete bike to ride or just the one your building? Last part is coming today for my electronics today! Trying to make it to the dickheads show on saturday.

Ahhhh hell got that money! That's a no e place to live do you have a complete bike to ride or just the one your building? Last part is coming today for my electronics today! Trying to make it to the dickheads show on saturday.

Yeah, I have two other bikes. A 2007 V-Star 1100 and a Stratoliner. The Strat is the bike for my wife and I to tour on, the V-Star is my toy, and the XS will be for her. Have a link to the show? I'm not sure I've heard of it.

Kent

SDC11415-1.jpg

SDC10708.jpg

Back