Mr Riggs Hydraulic Clutch Conversion

So upon Bosco659’s suggestion I’ve created a pre-order list as follows.

001-SomervilleXS650
002-Charles13
003-Bosco659
004-OHRider
005-Stanleyipkis
006-Stinky78
007-BluzPlayer
008-Kendoddsdad
009-Wannabridin
010-Slippery
011-Buzzword
012-ShaggyMech
013-Stuart23

I can’t express my gratitude enough at all you guys support, it’s taken me by surprise to be honest!

Daniel.

Last edited:
Mine was for a brake (right side) but it’s a remote reservoir so it doesn’t really care how or where it’s oriented. My friend who races stock cars and only has one leg tried to use it for his clutch lever; attached straight up mounted to the shifter rod, it worked; but was too small for the huge circular slave on the v8 clutch so it barely disengaged

I’ve been to see my machinist today after work, I dropped off a little wood chip for his garden as his wife had asked after it.

We chatted about the slave cylinders, he said he thought it a bad idea to use similar material for the slave body & piston, we didn’t get into the particulars as I was in a rush to get home but I have no reason to question his 60 odd years experience as an engineer & machinist.

Anyway this has led me to a slight change of plans with the ‘prototype’. I’m now thinking 6061 Aluminium or similar for the slave body and the usual 6al-4v Titanium for the piston, this should keep the assembly nice and light, with the added bonus of the piston being corrosion resistant. I may potentially go down this route with all slave cylinders thereafter.

He’s confident that we should have a working model within the next few weeks.

Exciting times gentlemen!

Daniel.

Daniel.

Daniel, do you intend to enter full production of 10 pcs right way, or create a prototype and have it tested on a bike for a bit to validate design? I myself am not in a hurry so would be happy to wait for testing to be completed. Thx. Vic

Daniel, do you intend to enter full production of 10 pcs right way, or create a prototype and have it tested on a bike for a bit to validate design? I myself am not in a hurry so would be happy to wait for testing to be completed. Thx. Vic

I wouldn’t dream of making any more until I know the design is fully functional so I will be testing the ‘prototype’.

My build is nowhere near the stage of completion to allow me to test a hydraulic clutch assembly but my friend, Rick Forte runs Smedspeed now, he’s just down the coast from me, Rick’s agreed to help me test the slave cylinder once it’s finished.

Daniel.

my friend, Rick Forte runs Smedspeed now, he’s just down the coast from me, Rick’s agreed to help me test the slave cylinder once it’s finished.
Wohooo... ya gotta love havin' your own test pilot. Tell 'im to let that clutch out slowly. You know.... not like this....

mQxRQE@facebook.gif

I wouldn’t dream of making any more until I know the design is fully functional so I will be testing the ‘prototype’.

My build is nowhere near the stage of completion to allow me to test a hydraulic clutch assembly but my friend, Rick Forte runs Smedspeed now, he’s just down the coast from me, Rick’s agreed to help me test the slave cylinder once it’s finished.

Daniel.
Great thx. Looking forward to this!

@Bewarethemoon Maybe I missed over this, but is this designed to work with a 1 piece clutch rod? I've one from @TwoManyXS1Bs and if this will work, I'm in for one too as it will go great on my "sleeper"

Yes this will work with a one piece clutch rod.

I can put you down for #9 if you like?

Obviously this is just a preliminary show of hands so I can work out how to do things, I’m going to look into costing a small CNC run as there seems to be the interest at the moment.

Daniel.

Back