Musical instruments (any)

1918972_1155567365618_4614379_n.jpg

It has been a couple years, but playing in the big band was a real blast! The only amp was for the vocalist.

This banjo belonged to my grandfather, it languished in a basement for some 40+ years in totally unplayable shape. I re-fretted it and straightened the neck. It was an awful lot of work for an uber-cheap 1950’s made in Japan no name Banjo. It sounds ehh-ok for an open back now, lends itself to frailing/claw hammer old timey banjo.
5D232F55-6AA5-4113-83C7-8709AA883A64.jpeg
A1AFBEDE-FF91-469E-AC91-AB09C92125E8.jpeg
4BF7DBE2-0B89-464A-BA1B-692C2DA6128D.jpeg
3D058B85-3982-429E-A55A-A6B719A8AAC5.jpeg
7ACA44C1-2BF4-40A3-BB2C-C34EBDD1428F.jpeg

Here's a Strat I had for quite a long time. It went trough several iterations, I finally settled on Tone Rider vintage 60's pickups and the tortoise shell pickguard you see in the picture. It also had a GFS steel trem block and alpha pots. The amp (head) is a Music Man (Leo Fender after he sold Fender to CBS) HD-130 that my wife picked up at a garage sale for $25 because it "didn't work". I replaced the output transformer and got it working. It was a true beast of an amp at 130W RMS. More amp than anyone really needs these days. I sold it for a pretty healthy profit.
amp (2).jpg

Here’s my old Ampeg V4 100W monster, that thing oozed 70’s British rock tone. Plug a Tele tuned to open G in and bang away would put you Stones/Faces territory pretty quick. The Harmony was an H415, a pretty rare little amp with an odd configuration. It was 15w with 2x12s. Unreal natural breakup at human volumes with a big heady open sound. I did extensive work on both to get them playing again.
2CF50510-2FAB-4DED-91AC-0422CAFF07C5.jpeg
E6DA37A0-737A-4D4F-9A0E-4FD2B56EE314.jpeg

Hey @RustiePyles, I have been digging through some old files/papers, but could not really find much on that amp. I believe you are right, it is based off of a Marshall circuit. I know that each of the cabs have a 12" Celestion Greenback speaker. I guess I will have to take it apart one of these days to get better acquainted with it (shucks... :)).

I played the drums for about 10 years or so until i got married and we moved into a small apartment. Gave em to my nephew. I tried in electric kit and they are lame. We bought some property a few years back and once the workshop goes in this next year all get another kit set up. In the mean time I’ve been working at the B/C button box. Started a few years ago, took some time off, forgot all I knew but I’m back in the swing of it. Super basic box, but good to learn on.

playing the drums I never had to read music (at least not with notes) and it’s been a bit of a challenge. Like a new language but it opens the mind and a challenge to learn something new.
056860B1-D96D-4468-B7DE-DFB802BB7A96.jpeg

There are always those special moments when the silence needs to be broken, and the air filled with joyful noise. I couldn't be more specific!
First is the Behringer MS-! and Keyboard Synthesizer, monophonic. There is a huge learning curve for this instrument. Understanding the wavelengths, envelopes, oscillations, etc. demands a brilliant radio electronics expert. Memorizing this stuff can be hardly won.
Next up is the Casio CTK-6200 workstation, portable keyboard. This is polyphonic and has more sounds than I can describe. These both soothe the mood and relieve the edge of troubling times. I took private lessons from the 2nd grade to the 12th, once a week, and was made to practice at least 45 minutes a day. I never really enjoyed the pressures of having to do homework, etc. and being no longer driven by the Whip, I do enjoy moments of creativity. Happy New Year. Edit for 3 good photos of the Casio. That is a cruel trick to play on New Year's Eve after someone has slammed down a few!
'TT'

Attachments

• Behringer MS-1.JPG
    Behringer MS-1.JPG
    593.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Casio 3.JPG
    Casio 3.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Casio 2.JPG
    Casio 2.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 95
  • Casio 1.JPG
    Casio 1.JPG
    251.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
View attachment 204645View attachment 204646

Built a few years ago, always wanted to "electrify" it and get a small vintage Fender tube amp.

I just had to look up the proper spelling of "ukulele'

Why not ?
Nice little cigar box uke, also a nice little pipe collection. Small vintage Fender amps can get quite pricey. Are you a pipe smoker? We have a thread on that as well;). You should post some pics of those pipes in it. I do a fair bit of pipe repair/resto if you ever need any.

https://www.xs650.com/threads/any-pipe-smokers-just-out-of-curiosity.59019/

Back