My 1975 XS650 project

Turns out that the Pilot jets were plugged.
Did a good cleaning and we have a good runner.
Fired right up. Sounds solid. Needs some fine tuning,
Now I only have to do the brakes, forks, seat, stuck clutch, stuck tach,tires, find a nagging short circuit that comes and goes in the head light bucket i think ..........etc.
Again there is no such thing as a free motorcycle.
And yes I can use help Bosco659. I am in Oakville quite often and it would be nice to pick your brain a little.
The mileage on this bike must be low.It shows 1300 miles. Every screw head and bolt that I touch has never had a wrench on it it seems.
The stuff that is wrecked is just from being hit while sitting and it sat a long time.
I need a bracket that holds the tach and speedo for a 75. There is a piece broken off where it goes around the tach, the cover for the cam chain adjuster came off in 2 pieces:shrug: so I need one of those.
Thanks for the encouragement.
The potential for a nice stock bike is there and it is a fun project.
Casey

Below is not a coffin
I made a table to get my projects where my old 6’5” body can reach
4B6940A4-7397-4FAD-93B0-8C580330B1BC.jpeg

That engine case looks great. Nice finish. Looks like winter is around the corner so there’s will be lots of time to work on the toys. I’m trying to do a final garage rearrangement and clean up before the white stuff flies here.

If you put different coloured bulbs in the harness you’d have quite the Christmas display!

There is a lot to do on this project.
Once we get past the leaf deluge we have a long winter to play in the shop.
I hear you on the leaf thing. We had to remove two large trees in our back yard this fall so the leaves weren’t as bad as they had been in the past. Last year I bought a lawn vacuum that has reduced my cleanup time to an estimated 1/10 of what it used to be. Only trouble is storage in the off season.

Back