My 81' XS650 Chopper & Intro

My bike is still at the shop getting the frame worked on. Can't wait to get it.

Went to the swap meet yesterday and picked up a few cool parts. Got a -2 springer that I'm thinking about maybe running. Not sure if I want to do the work to get it on or not. Might end up selling it. It's super narrow, like 4.5". It's pretty cool too, but needs a bit of work.

Got a cool seat that I will be running. And picked up a Bell Moto 3 that I'm going to referb. Had the guy throw in those bars with the seat.

401241_10151592061400406_1216426672_n.jpg

It's week 13 and I still have no bike and no idea when it will be done (or even started).

I should have went with my first plan and got a VooDoo Vintage frame. Would have had it by now. Would have had it a long time ago.

I'm almost to the point where I just want my bike and money back. I can just wait and buy a new frame next year.

I was told it would be five hours of labor and it would take 1 month.

I'm really pissed right now. Not enough to start a campaign against the shop, but I'm getting close.

My bike is still at the shop getting the frame worked on. Can't wait to get it.

Went to the swap meet yesterday and picked up a few cool parts. Got a -2 springer that I'm thinking about maybe running. Not sure if I want to do the work to get it on or not. Might end up selling it. It's super narrow, like 4.5". It's pretty cool too, but needs a bit of work.

Got a cool seat that I will be running. And picked up a Bell Moto 3 that I'm going to referb. Had the guy throw in those bars with the seat.

401241_10151592061400406_1216426672_n.jpg

The seat is great and the moto 3 is very cool. Would like one myself. Sorry about the wait, thats very frustrating.

Fact is, if you had the frame now, you still wouldnt be able to do it as FAST as you want anyway. Its NEVER fast enough. I want it NOW> not now, but NOW. Im ready NOW.

I know the feeling. But you do have some good stuff to look forward to.

Best of luck.

Rad wheels man! Think I have a similar set in my shed!
Also see you have extended the frame as well, looks like an 8' stretch? I like it. Your fabrication skills are awesome!

:D:bike:
Hehe! did You make vroom vroom noises?

On a more serious note,I love your lid, what exactly is it if I may ask?

Rad wheels man! Think I have a similar set in my shed!
The mags are for sale (just haven't posted them up yet.

Also see you have extended the frame as well, looks like an 8' stretch? I like it. Your fabrication skills are awesome!

I didn't do the stretch and it was way too long. I'm having it redone to about 2" or 3".

Hehe! did You make vroom vroom noises?

Yes I did.
562390_10151592195380406_1170217999_n.jpg

On a more serious note,I love your lid, what exactly is it if I may ask?

Thats a Bell Moto 500 I picked up at the swap.

Did ya get that rear firestone mounted yet Phail? I'm waiting to mount mine after i get my rim trued. Can't hardly wait. Great tire.

Did ya get that rear firestone mounted yet Phail? I'm waiting to mount mine after i get my rim trued. Can't hardly wait. Great tire.

Yeah, I mounted it just before dropping my bike off at the shop on Feb 1st. Looks like I'll get my bike back tomorrow then I can start putting everything back together and ride on it. Gesh, it's been forever and a day. Can't wait.

I'll probably fix that super ugly single downtube myself when I get it back. Learned my lesson again. Do everything myself.

Got my bike back today!

969938_10151638518660406_1327592889_n.jpg

Now I have a short task list to do to get it back on the road:

* Mount new fender
* Mount tail light
* Mount new seat
* New footpeg mounts
* New rear brake lever
* Clean up all welds
* Route wiring
* Test everything for about 20 miles
* Tear down
* Paint frame

Damn. Looks good Phail. Looks like you and I are the only guys that didn't paint our rims black. I wanted to but the chrome was in to damn good shape to paint over.

Back