My Build thread - 1980 XS650 Special II

Ok, got it to cooperate, but over the wind you don't really hear much :( I tried :shrug:

Also, I don't have a GoPro cam yet, so this is just my phone and me....

On this video at the end I even tried to get in more sound from the rear.

Ok scratch that. I thought it was a little strange to blow both cam seals at the same time... I pulled the advance rod and oil came gushing out of the cam opening. Somehow oil is pumping through the cam? The advance rod was also bound up whenever I pulled it over and checked it.

Hugh gave me a call and he's sending me a new cam out today. Shit happens. Looking forward to trying to break another :D

I definitely was trying to beat the crap out of it. There's no question about that. Updates coming!!

Last edited:
Alright guys where do you think I should put the Rear fender?

Attachments

• Fender 1.jpg
    Fender 1.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 615
  • Fender 2.jpg
    Fender 2.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Fender 3.jpg
    Fender 3.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Fender 4.jpg
    Fender 4.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 217
Alright guys where do you think I should put the Rear fender?

I think you should put that rear fender anywhere but on your bike!! No offense BigJimmy, just dont really dig that style of fender! Your bike is looking good man, I thought I remembered seeing pics of your bike with the stock rear fender mounted and I myself thought that looked pretty slick!! No.........??

XsC

Yeah, I have another one around here that Em was kind enough to send me, but I have this one and have been wanting to use it for something!! lol I figured now might be the time. I guess not. I really like this look:
IMAG0219.jpg

Those Hugh's bushing, like to see how they look fitted.

Sorry mate but I'm with the other guys not a fan of the rear fender, but if it is what you want go for it!

Ask and ye shall receive. I wanted them more for the feel than the looks though. Running tall bars, you can really feel those rubber bushings in the triple.

I dunno I may just cut it down and try it out. If I don't like it then I will figure something else out. We'll see.

Attachments

• Bushings.jpg
    Bushings.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 157
Back