My Build Thread.

I am Carbon

shade tree mechanic
Reaction score
I have always wanted to bob a bike so here I go.
I am going to use a visual impact kit to start.
I have removed most everything.
Now to start cutting things apart.
then cutting and fitting the kit.
After that some fabircating some parts.
I started off with my 80SG
full

now it looks like this

the Visual Impact Brat Kit has been installed
here is the starting of the installation videos
Im uploading the welding video as I post this It will take about 7 more hours I will post when it has finshed.

I like where this is going. Bike looked great to begin with, but change is good, especially where motorcycles are concerned. So let's hear it: what are the plans aside from the brat kit?

here is the welding video for the Visual Impact Kit

I like where this is going. Bike looked great to begin with, but change is good, especially where motorcycles are concerned. So let's hear it: what are the plans aside from the brat kit?
I am going to upgrade the brakes with brimbo 4 piston calipers, I have a fat seat for her, I don't much like stoping for gas so I looked around for a tank and found a 3.2gal tank that I like has an old style look. not a peanut or sporty tank.. got some 12'' apes. smaller headlight but brighter. also going with foward controls too. some badass ceramic coated dragpipes. and some paint thats going to makes her standout in a crowd.malteze cross tail light

Nice work, good to see another swing arm bobber/brat built.
I am waiting on my Monster kit to arrive. Looking forward to getting started.
Great vids, how about som pictures all welded up???

Looks great carbon. Not good grinding around Your cars and bike the grinding dust will cause rust spots on what it lands on. Don't ask me how I know that. What rear fender are you using. :thumbsup:

Looks good like the flair on the fender. The struts look good the Yamaha tuning fork I'am thinking. :thumbsup:

Yes they are the tuning fork. They are abit chubby.
I think I will make another alittle less bold.
I'm taking my time wth the struts want to make sure I really like them.
Thanks for Your Input.

yep 33% reduction, proportions looks just right. not too skinny/weak looking but not too over engineered looking.
Whats ya cats name ? I've got a supervisor just like that. He's always got to be sat right on whatever I'm doing. Today he's helping me grind valves !:D

looks bad ass. I really like it. Plus its always nice to see a little pussy in a build. Thanks for being so thoughtful rofl.

btw nice triumph

Excellent thread Carbon !

Thumbs up on the thinner fender brace. Nice "Yamatouch". Wonder what a welded version might look like - say 3/8" square stock, two pieces forming each half of the tuning fork, then welded together. Might make a cool sissy bar. Very cool fender choice.

I also like the use of the spring loaded vintage wooden clamping devices.:laugh:

what did you use to cut the feneder braces? Pretty even cuts.

I noticed you are have your build thread separate from the irish build off thread. I'm thinking that may be a wise move as time goes on. Could be chaos over there.

Looks like the cat's not into your direction. Perhaps more of a fish theme.....

Back