My Build Thread.

Thanks Guys. The cats name is Squishie.
I hand cut the strut with str8 edge and a razor knife free hand the curved stuff.
Not sure of the stock I'm going to use.Monday I will go over to woods metal shop:laugh: and see what drops they have.
And old fashion wooden clamping I luv it:laugh:
And a little pussy never hurt anyone:wink2:YW She used to live 3 doors down but moved here 3 years ago. I would take her home, she would come back. It got to the point that she would beat me back to my house. So I quit taking her home. And her old owners quit comming to get her:shrug:

Well after get the tunning forks made they look okay but when
I got them on
full

i didn't like them .
So I made me a sissy bar
full

full

full

I like the sissy bar

yeah that looks really nice .:thumbsup:

you're a bit of an artist carbon :wink2:

pity about the extra weight though :( mind you i'm currently 240lbs so a few extra pounds is like spitting in the ocean I guess :D

Thanks Guys!
yes it does have some weight to it.
I was thinking about making it out of aluminum.
But I had the 1/2"steel stock so i went with that.
fully dressed I weight 190 lbs so it won't be to bad.
It will be lighter that a plump bird on the back. lol

I dug out my ole lincoln compact stick welder It still works
full

I started on building the battery box
I had some 11ga. so Iaid out the box
full

then I scored and cut out the box
full

I bent the metal into the box them welded it up.
tomorrow I will finish it

The sissy bar looks great. The tuning forks would suport the fender better. You have a long fender to start with. You might have problems with the the fender cracking with all that unsuported overhang. Road shock an vibration your worse enemy. I have a crack in my factory front fender at the rear mounting point about 1'' long. I lost count of tags I lost before I mounted it to a 14 ga peice of stainless. Not trying to be the voice of doom just something to think about.

Yes I have to agree with you.
I have already cut the fender much shorter than in the pic.
Looking at the bike from the left the fender now goes back to the 1 oclock with the sissy bar

That should work for shore and will look great. Show some pictures once you get it mounted. I really like where you are going with this bike.

have the battery box pretty much finished
I'm thinking my 1990s welding rods are a bit old I put them in the oven for an hour at 250f and they are working.
full

and my HHB do it yourself tank bungs showed up today:thumbsup:
what fast shipping that was:D these things are cool just drill a 1/2'' hole drop the thing in "it can'tfall through the hole into the frame" and weld it up ezpeze :laugh:
full

Okay it's not mounted but it's mocked up so I could see what it's goin to look like.
The tabs have to be cut off at the bottom of the sissybar and I need to taper or round off the bottom too. I might cut off 3'' and shorten it as well. I think I like it. If not I will start over again. This is basically what it will look like.
full

The rear fender looks much better now it's shorter, goes well with the sissy bar! I'm liking the way this bike is coming along :)

Thanks Guys for the :thumbsup:
More pics to come.
It's time to get this show on the road:yikes:
As I was looking the the bike. A thought came to me about trying to use the side covers. A cover can mount at the bottom in the original place and I will cut the top to conform with the saddle. I should be able to make them look factory made. I'll have to make one side up and see:shrug:
I also may change my maltese cross taillight to a Sparto Tail Light

Like the fender. The sissy bar look good but is really tall. I think it would look better if it was about 4" shorter. But just my opinion it does have the old school look. :thumbsup:

scabber, quote"I think it would look better if it was about 4" shorter."I was thinking to tall as well.
It took more than I thought it would to get the damn thing just right .
But after to many hours, I have the sissybar and fender mounted.:)
I had to make sure the flat toped fender was 90° to the wheel
full
full
full

Then I shortened It close to 33/4''. rewelded on the mounts after making sure it was inline with the frame and wheel. Then just alittle tweeking to square it with the fender.
Well here goes nothing!
full
full

Back