My Build Thread.

and no oil leaks :wink2:

four hours is some road test, It must have made all the problems you've had just fade away .

How did you find the vibration ...was it a big issue?

LOL Airwolfie. when nothing falls off that is a good sign for sure!
A big ole boy call my bike a Yamahog today.
He seemed to like her he has a cool shovelhead which I like very much.

before I went on the ride I mounted a tool bag under the forward controls.
I also mounted my water bottle holder.
The bag looks cool but the holder not so much

full

full

a water bottle holder ! thats a brilliant idea.
:thumbsup::

Yeah a Beer Holder!!!!!!!! Opps! I mean a water bottle holder! :D Looks good!

Yep back in the 70s we were allowed to ride around with beer in hand.
Back then down here a guy could ride up to a window and get a mixed drink and ride off. Those were the daze.
and Thanks gentlemen.

and no oil leaks :wink2:

four hours is some road test, It must have made all the problems you've had just fade away .

How did you find the vibration ...was it a big issue?

funny You mentioned that.
The head had started leaking a bit.
I smacked myself on the head because I hadn't torqued the head bolts.
I tightened most every bolt n nut on this girl. But noooooooooooo I just to good to check the head bolts.
So the day I painted the head, after cleaning the engine I torqued the head bolts.
And while riding I checked for oil, no oil. When I got home I checked for oil, no oil.
even when I had changed the oil this engine had leaked oil from the oil drain plugs.
I used permatex aircraft gasket sealer #3 on them and they aren't leaking anymore.
If the engine is leaking oil it is from under the left side cover. I have those seals except the crank seal. I am a happy camper.
The vibration is no bother. The only thing I wish I had used my Go Cruse throttle control. That is the best mod for my right hand. I'm right handed and right hand go numb easy. throttle control lets me shake it out.
But when I use the throttle control may hand does not go numb at all.
Yes it was a great time very relaxing Sir

cruise control :confused: man you got all the best toys on that bike.
mmm definitely going to consider adding that to mine.

Good to hear you got some more time in on your bike Carbon!
No oil leaks is a goood thing brother. I'll have to look into one of those cruise controls too.
Engine looks good man.

Thanks John.
That go Cruise is great.
I got it over 2 years ago it may last for many years to come.
I paid $20 for it shipped.
I guess I will order another one today.
one for each bike

Go Cruise - is that the brand name, Carbon? when I read your post it was almost as if you were reading my mind - I have that numb right hand thing, and it's not good to take the hand off the throttle.

Anlaf

I think the plastic bottle might be catching the eye. The bottle holder is a great idea - perhaps a custom bottle is the answer.

Anlaf

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 126
Carbon - I am thinking of going for the same effect, but with a silver tray and teapot. I am still working on ideas on how to keep the China cups and saucers from coming to grief once I set that Go Cruise to, oooh! let me see, 35-40 mph.

Anlaf

Back