My Build Thread.

jdizon, I am going run starter, turns,tach, gps, and of course big screen tv! well not the tv.
I'm goin to put the reg/rec back in is oem spot. I'm going to get rid of the redundant lighting stuff. I'm running a shori battery small and has 205cca.
Don't want to get rid of the starter is so much nicer when I stall out at the red light to hit button insted of kicking.:laugh:
I havent sorted out how yet but I'm covering up the battery box area.
I have in mind what I want just hopin it looks good first try.

mink427,Thanks Man

jdizon, I am going run starter, turns,tach, gps, and of course big screen tv! well not the tv.
I'm goin to put the reg/rec back in is oem spot. I'm going to get rid of the redundant lighting stuff. I'm running a shori battery small and has 205cca.
Don't want to get rid of the starter is so much nicer when I stall out at the red light to hit button insted of kicking.:laugh:
I havent sorted out how yet but I'm covering up the battery box area.
I have in mind what I want just hopin it looks good first try.

mink427,Thanks Man

lol TV.. can't wait to see the wiring on that madness :laugh: Saw this cool GPS Speedometer online.

check it and let me know what you think.

81-20-01-2.jpg

lol TV.. can't wait to see the wiring on that madness :laugh: Saw this cool GPS Speedometer online.

check it and let me know what you think.

81-20-01-2.jpg

Hey jdizon... I have been looging at GPS speedos too.... I think they are by far the easiest speedo out there to wire... the hardest part will probably be to find a place to stach the antenna. Osterderm on this site has a real nice one... check out his build thread... its awsome too.

Cheers
Lester

I guess so I was not thinking
Ya know John the best thing about working by myself is no one watching me screw up stuff. then have to fix it.

Its looking real good carbon. Funny how they can look so nearly completed and yet still need so much work to still do ...:D

Talking of cock ups . I been trying to do a few vids of my first engine rebuild :laugh:

I have to stop and check I'm doing it correctly , so often, that the battery or memory card usually runs out before I get anything done !:doh:

Thanks peanut! Yes much to do. and then redo:doh:
Oh I know just what You mean.
When I shot my videos me doing my topend.
The batteries would go dead and I would have to wait on that before I could start again.

I'll have rebuilt my headlight mount again.
I like it now. I take a pic later.
the bike has a stinger on the back
so I gave her a stinger on the front too.
My headlight mount is the stinger

Check out this little GPSIt has data logger. water proof,rugged.
It has a set back it has its own battery that has to be charged. but it should last 15 to 18 hours between charges. the data logger can add your pix to a trip log using googlemaps. and is under $75

That gps is pretty cool. Nice features. To bad it couldn't be mounted and used in the horizontal position. Now I'm thinking about using my iPhone. Wonder what apps are available. Trip counter is a must as I don't have a fuel site guage and the tank is peanut sized lol

Well I found a app its kinda pricey $2

Speedometer - SOPODS.com - Killer iPhone Applications

www.sopods.com/speedometer.php
for get it reviews are crappy
but there are 3 good one that I have found

Free
Fast, a Speedometer

by Brennan Zelener

Fast, a Speedometer is the essential speedometer app. The cost is only $0.99 and the interface is perfect. You can select if you are using the app on a bike, in a car, or on a plane. We were unable to test how well the app works in a plane. Performance of the app was fantastic in our testing. You will need an active GPS connection for the app to work (as in all of the speedometer apps). Simplicity and ease of use make this a great app.

Free
Flux Capacitor™

by Pocket Paradox, LLC

Flux Capacitor is the other essential app. This one transforms your iOS device into a Back to the Future themed speedometer/flux capacitor. An alarm clock is also included in this app. Not only iPhone users get to enjoy this one, but also iPad 3G owners. Ads that promote the Back to the Future films in iTunes are included with this app, but for the fun experience we think it is worth it. The app even simulates a flux capacitor activation when you reach the predetermined speed. There are so many nice touches included with this app. Flux Capacitor is a must-have app for your iPad 3G or iPhone.

Free
Speed PRO

by Mother Tucker LLC

Speed Pro is the final essential app. Fast, a Speedometer is your go-to simplistic essential app. Flux Capacitor is your go-to fun and entertaining essential app. Speed Pro is your more professional essential app. This app is loaded with almost too many features. The tracking gives you fun facts about your trip, such as max speed, average speed, duration, and your heading. The camera is also integrated into this app. This allows you to actually record your trip and how it matches up with your speed and other stats. Route sharing and saving is also included. Speed Pro is a great, feature-loaded app.

Last edited:
Wow this is awesome.. It sounds like this might be the ticket. I'm going to check these apps out. Thanks for the info man!

Up until just recently I had a dumb phone. Loved it. Everything worked until my son put it in the shower........with it on:doh:

h3llb3nt1,Yes water is bad news for electronics!
Well the weather has turned bad so no riding today.
I have put on new fender I like it. I was not sure if I would. But I do! not being chrome is a big +.
I would go without a fender but I ride in the rain alot in summer.
full

Now I am starting work on the front brake brembo conversion.
full
I have also worked on body panels but I'm not happy withem yet. so no pix
I also got my nwy Tires
full

Lots of new goodies! I like that front fender, is that from an xs? The one on mine is beat up and will be looking for a replacement soon.

Back