My day so far......

I've been dealing with a sump pump that either won't turn on, or won't turn off. If it doesn't turn off, it sits there "sucking". If it doesn't turn on, the battery back-up thinks the power is out, kicks in, and sounds this annoying continuous "beeeeeeep". I have the new replacement, so today is installation day. The new one looks nothing like the old one, so I'm wondering how many (20-25 minute) trips to the hardware store this is going to take me... And I think the discharge pipe (at the ditch) is under water. I'm probably going to have to 'break' the syphon effect, or all that water could wind up in my basement. :doh::yikes::cussing::banghead: Oh, yeah, and we got 9 inches of blowing snow overnight, that I'm gonna hafta snowblow before I get outa here. Weeeeeeeeee!

Ummmm...did you mean "vertically"? I have one on mine, works great.
I didn't! and I were a plumber....

The issue is if you ever get anything, sand, debris etc through the pump if the valve is vertical, when the pump shuts off the debris settles on top of the flapper sticking it closed.

I didn't! and I were a plumber....

The issue is if you ever get anything, sand, debris etc through the pump if the valve is vertical, when the pump shuts off the debris settles on top of the flapper sticking it closed.

Ah. I wondered because the picture shows it vertical and I have mine installed vertical with no issues (so far...)

I put one in because I have about an 8 foot vertical lift before it exits the basement and without it when the pump shuts off there's enough water in the pipe to refill the pit. Pump restarts, rinse, repeat...

No siphon issues as the other end of the hose ends on the ditch bank beside the house. If the water ever gets high enough to be an issue, I'll have WAY more problems than water backing into my sump pit...

Well, its another day, Bob, I hope this one goes better for you.
Maybe keep the dog on the floor today.

Haha! After hearing everybody else’s stories I’ve decided my day wasnt so bad! :laugh2:
As for the dog? Well it wasn’t really her fault, it was the result of giving her a new bacon type dog treat that didn’t agree with her.
Treats went right in the trash!
Today IS another day, at least as soon as the plumber gets done and leaves.

Hey, Bob, I went off to bed last night wondering whether or not you got yourself a good-working kitchen faucet at this point.

Jeff

Haha! :) Yup , all is well. Plumber was here bright and early yesterday. Everything is working as it should. Might even get some wrench time in today! :thumbsup:

Took my car for an oil change and when I got it home, I was checking it over and discovered that the mechanic left out a special fastener. I called the garage , they said they couldn’t find it and said they’d have to order it, then I will have to go back again. Grrrr. :mad:

Then our kitchen faucet decided to spring a leak all over the counter and inside the cabinet. This is a four month old , expensive faucet that we had professionally installed. So we called the plumbers back that installed it, they took it apart and said, not our fault, the faucet is defective. It’s also out of warranty. So back to the hardware store to buy another expensive faucet and tomorrow we have another expensive plumber coming to the house. Grrrr. :mad:

So now I’m tired and cranky and thinking what an aggravating day it’s been, I go and sit in my recliner and our little dog jumps up in my lap, and I’m thinking awww she came to make me feel better......that’s when she barfed on me. o_O

Some days..... you know? So how’s your day going?

Yup gggGary is right some days you are better off not trying to bite through the restraints............

Bob,

Sounds to me like you picked the wrong day to give up drugs, buddy.

GeeDub

Still dealing with the f@#$%ng sump pump. At least now, I've got the old one working a little better, and I'm only two more trips to the hardware store away from being able to install the new one!. The wife still thinks I shoulda hired somebody. Hey, that's money saved that I can spend on parts for "The Basketcase"!

So sorry to hear about your frustrations Bob - what a PITA. For faucets, my cousin the plumber always insists on Moen and the beauty of them is that there’s is a lifetime warranty on the cartridge.

I must say that my day went rather well. I got my new knee up to 112 deg. from my previous best of 95 deg. AND I am learning to climb stairs again. Yah!!
That’s awsome Pete,you’ll have that knee ready for the rally in no time!

- - - I got my new knee up to 112 deg. from my previous best of 95 deg. AND I am learning to climb stairs again. Yah!!
Hi Pete,
good for you! How Is 112º compared to t'other knee and to how far it could bend before the operation?
And are you climbing stairs properly or just going up with the natural knee and catching up with the replacement?

Before the surgery I had 130 deg. (left) and 118 deg. (right). My new right knee made it to 115 deg. yesterday - so I’ve got 15 deg. to go to reach the normal full range for a guy of my vintage.

I think that last 15 deg. is going to be tough as the joint is still quite swollen and that is restricting movement. As for stairs - I can do it, but the right leg still feels a bit rubbery and thus, not entirely safe - yet.

Oh well, I’ll get there.

Before the surgery I had 130 deg. (left) and 118 deg. (right). My new right knee made it to 115 deg. yesterday - so I’ve got 15 deg. to go to reach the normal full range for a guy of my vintage.

I think that last 15 deg. is going to be tough as the joint is still quite swollen and that is restricting movement. As for stairs - I can do it, but the right leg still feels a bit rubbery and thus, not entirely safe - yet.

Oh well, I’ll get there.
....and with the combined, supportive efforts of the membership here, Pete, we will help you get there.

....and with the combined, supportive psychic efforts of the membership here, Pete, we will help you get there.

Thanks Jeff / all. I’ve lived with this injury since I was 15 and so after 45 years and four previous operations, I’m a bit of an expert on knee pain. But, I have to say, this is rather tough and your encouragement, especially during the cold dark winter months is very helpful.
E23461A6-1D14-4A47-ACB6-48D56D41678A.jpeg

Pete

My new right knee made it to 115 deg. yesterday
Had some complications when I did my rt knee (story of my life right... :rolleyes:) They had to put me under a second time to get it right. It took the therapist's almost 6mo. to get me to 115 deg.... and that's all they got.
115 in this short time is awesome Pete!!
Yeah, it's tough... but keep it up buddy!!:)

Thanks Jeff / all. I’ve lived with this injury since I was 15 and so after 45 years and four previous operations, I’m a bit of an expert on knee pain. But, I have to say, this is rather tough and your encouragement, especially during the cold dark winter months is very helpful.
View attachment 134966
Pete
Good looking knees, Pete ! ;)
We''ll see if Jim shares a knee photo someday....

Back