My dealership…..does anyone there even look at the emails they send you? 🤷‍♂️

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
There has been a push from the service department at the dealership where I bought my Suzuki. The other day I got an email that was borderline illegal, implying that I needed to schedule my first major service in order to keep my warranty in effect. ( Wrong!! )

But today I got an email that was just rather humorous. Offering me a deal on an oil change and ……a tire rotation? 🤔
What….on my Nissan Pathfinder? 😄 Does anybody rotate tires on their motorcycle? And we’re they just too lazy to find a photo of a motorcycle being serviced?
45A3DD87-2A1A-42AB-BC98-76CBC5ED0FBD.jpeg

They also offered up a free multi point inspection…….you know……For my Dodge Ram pickup. 😳
DC5D298A-0449-4EC4-A234-37EB42C1D053.jpeg

On television there was TV shows " Bosse the Autodoctor " and that type.
Automotive interest and fault finding. All in all programs worth watching.
Some joking and some car related info.

Sometimes they prepared cars with defects / faults that was on the specification item list for the car service.
putting dirt on bolts or was it paint dots. Leaving some light bulbs broken.
Brake pads worn and the like.
Some safety items ... loose seat belt.

Left the car for the service .. And we are not talking the on the street corner mechanic
Big ..mostly dealer Brand Service shops

Got the car back after the service and then inspected if the prepared defects was fixed.
It was repeatedly not done It was a couple years ago I saw it last . Dont know if they have upped their work or the TV shows is more lax ...Have not seen it for a while

It was so bad sometimes that I wondered why the prosecutor did not haul them off to court for fraud.

High cost and poor service. Many here on this forum is better off doing it themselves. But I have heard of something as a " service book " where they put a stamp . Some buyers pay extra if that book exist

Motorcycle mechanics sometimes also have bad reputation Especially those brands that dont sell a lot of bikes.
A Tractor mechanic servicing Moto Guzzis and so.

As with every profession there are good and bad ones .
Harley Davidson has good reputation here They have demands on the shops and terminate the shop if not good.
The bikes is expensive so the customers is of a bit different type.

There is a decent chance emails like that are from being hacked, and the hackers are hoping you click on the images/links and fill in your info. You know… so they can steal it.

Back