1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

My first custom cafe build

Discussion in 'Great Lakes U.S.' started by Cafe Murdock, May 24, 2019.

1. I have a 79 650 special I've been Workin on since last season n now I've got to this point I've shortined the rear of the frame added raceing suspention 15inches fully adjustable rear wrapped exaust Clubman bars new cowl head and tail light fresh motor and paint with custom built rear sets and exaust I'm building now more pics to cum .let me know wat y'all think of murdocks cafe

Attached Files:

2. ThatXS650Guy

ThatXS650Guy More Sparky than Speed Racer XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

It's a good start Murdock. I've got a '79 café' as well. You may want to drop the forks some and use a fender brace. Also, the XS500 rear wheel will bring up that back end.
    What are your seat plans? I really like the one I got from Hotwing Glass. Unfortunately, I see their website is not working...

Attached Files:

3. hell yeah man that's cool with shit right now I'm running racing suspension in the back and went up to a 15 and spring Wichita at levels everything out, planning on going to a lower profile tire and all the way around to trying to finish level in and out fiberglass cowl for the back so that way I can still run a seat pan and then you have to be able to have it removed but I've built a couple of other seats near wrapped in leather style but I'm working toward build my own fiberglass with a hump in the back. You're just for me to ride and then use my crocodile skin leather to see two person seat that I've already made