My first ever bike build!!

that bike looks amazing Airwolfie...especially when you look at the pile of stuff in boxes that you started with a year ago.

I feel a bit humbled really by you and carbon and others that have managed to achieve so much and all I did was rebuild my engine :shrug: and I still haven't managed to get my finger out and tune these blasted carbs ! Arghhhhhh:doh:

If I manage to 'gird my loins' and get the bike out of the garage and fix the carbs in the next two weeks ....it will be exactly 1 year since I finished the rebuild and put it away in the garage ! what a waste:banghead:

All in good time bud! You have no deadline! Take your time and do it when it "feels" right.

The fact you ACTUALLY did something on it and not get someone to do it for you is an achievement on its own!!:thumbsup:

Are you sitting down?!??!??

I worked on my bike today!!!!!:yikes::eek::D

Finished wiring the front and rear lights, as well as the front and rear brake switches. Still need to earth them, but they work!

Was going to start on the indicators, but then little madam decided to wail like only an 11 week old can!! And non stop! So I had to call it a day, as the missus had things to do.

But at least I got something done!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

- - - little madam decided to wail like only an 11 week old can!! And non stop! So I had to call it a day, as the missus had things to do. - - -

Hi wolfie,
like I was told with our firstborn:-
" Nature has locked me into doing all the hydraulic input so it's only fair that you get to deal with all of the exhaust cleanup."
Happy diapering, old son.

thats great news :thumbsup:

Another step nearer completion well done AW. If you manage only half an hour at a time it will soon be done.

I have finally decided today to sell my XS650. I will get it finished and MOT'd but I will never ride it beyond the ride to the garage.

I have been torn for the past year about riding it . Its twice damaged my back just pushing it in and out of the garage because it is so heavy:doh: I have a missing lumbar disk and I don't want to end up in a wheelchair again

What decided me was seeing the manager of my local Co-Op tonight. He had an accident on his scooter at 30mph in the local high street back in March ! Some idiot pulled out from a junction in front of him. He'll never ride a bike again.

he spent 8 weeks in hospital and his injuries were horrendous ! Its just too dangerous on our UK roads now for any kind of 2x wheeled ride.

I've decided to keep my Lambretta LIS200 and concentrate on building bikes for enjoyment. So I'm looking forward to seeing a vid of your first ride.

Sorry to hear that bud. Yes, it is dangerous, I always expect the worst at junctions and rural areas. My ex boss nearly lost his finger and had his 12 week old Ducati written off because some bint decided to exit her drive without looking.

Not nice having back problems, mine is and always has been a bit troublesome, getting a bit worse now with picking up and putting little Hannah down!

Keep in touch bud, don't be a stranger!!

for sure ..:wink2: I'll still be dropping in to keep you guys on ya toes and catch up with news.

Riding a motorbike was a lifelong dream that sadly doesn't look like coming off. The roads are just so dangerous now, particularly down here in the country where there is scarely a road where two vehicles can pass safely and no one slows down or stops to let you pass.

Whoa, peanut! Sorry to hear that, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Facts of life.
I was so looking forward to GoPro vids of your upside-down kickstarting and foxhunts with SWMBO.
Some of us here already have one foot in that same boat, so you're not alone...

thanks twomany:D

Its not over till the fat lady sings as they say......mmm perhaps its not pc to say that anymore.:confused:

I'm going to put the bike away until Spring and when the roads are dryer I'll take it out for a few blasts around the country lanes before I make a final decision.

I loved working on the bike and have made some really good net buddies on xs650.com You lot are the only friends I got :laugh:.What I will probably do is keep the bike and do a proper restoration.

You've not got rid of me yet :laugh:

Well I didn't get her done, still got to wire up the indicators, horn, neutral light, and tacho and speedo, but I had to assemble her for the photoshoot for the calendar!!

So here she is in almost all her glory! Started to rain so I didn't keep her out for long!

15184076223_bb690b40aa_b.jpg

15186537184_a0dbcef5e7_b.jpg

15618684970_9efd5c1ce4_b.jpg

15804558611_b0946b89fa_b.jpg

15621081608_ebed31ab75_b.jpg

15779850486_468ef53898_b.jpg

15183554314_f0252df744_b.jpg

Hehe yeah! That is to spec, only there for the MOT, then it will have a smaller black and silver lettering plate on there.

Thanks Carbon, very happy, but could have been happier if she was done!

Wow !

that looks amazing . You are so close to finishing now . Just one last push.

Who's got a big fat grin all over their chubby chase then !:D

WOW! Airwolfie, that is an awesome bike and almost done. I like the color, It will be great to see the finished product. Can't wait to get stated on the 1981 XS650 project I just bought, going Saturday to haul it home.

Airwolfie it looks awesome. You look proud n happy as well. Great feeling. I am trying to mount XS650 hub on 03 R6 front end. Where did you get the bearing spacer that goes between the bearings.

Back