My first ever bike build!!

nice one ! every little job is one step closer to finishing :thumbsup:

I was really hoping to start and tune the carbs on the bike but it was like standing under Niagra here today too.:D

I have spent most of this week stripping the alarm and immobiliser out of my car so its still anybodys race .:thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSCF1930.JPG
    DSCF1930.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 172
  • fuse relay wiring 3 loom 944s2.JPG
    fuse relay wiring 3 loom 944s2.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 201
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What next!!??!?!??!

Fecking thing won't start! There IS spark, as I have had a few puffs out of the exhaust and also once out of the carbs backfiring, but she just does not want to go!!!! I spent about two hours kicking the fucking thing over to no avail. THEN I noticed one of the carbs have flooded and spilled fuel all over my engine!!!!!!!!!!! Paintwork ruined.

And to top it off, I just found a leak at the end of the tank,took the paint off there too!!!

WTF IS GOING ON!!!! I AM SO FECKING FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THIS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was there I would help you sort her out.
I would step back. Take or use what ever helps You relax.
Then When Ya feel better. Pull the carbs and see what happened to the one that leaked.
This one is what I do, lots of people hate it, when all else fails, Starting fluid, not as a remedy but just to see if it will fire.
But start with the carbs.

Thanks Carbon, I do guess I will have to pull them. I REALLY didn't want to as they are a PAIN to get back on.

She pops, but just not enough to keep going. Maybe I'm not kicking hard enough?

Could the carb have flooded(left side if looking from the rear) Because it's on its side stand? And then maybe flooded because she's not firing??

Could the carb have flooded(left side if looking from the rear) Because it's on its side stand? And then maybe flooded because she's not firing??

sorry to hear about this . I reckon you are dead right about the float sticking because its leaning on the sidestand. Mine did the same thing last weekend because I couldn't get the damn thing up on the centre stand :banghead:

Were both plugs getting wet ? if not you might try easy start as Carbon suggested . Once its fired the engine will draw the fuel better .
I sometimes heat my plugs in the oven if I have a reluctant starter and also cup my hands over the inlets to enrich the mixture

Don't forget that the Boyer electronics does not like pulsing a HT spark if the plugs are not grounded at all times . Don't make the mistake of leaving a spark cap off whilst testing and make sure that your frame is properly earthed .

Remind me are you running a battery or condenser with this bike ?

Thanks Peanut. Spark both sides, I am aware of the plugs having to be grounded at all times, thanks.

Running without battery, cap/condenser only. Got all the aux separate so I can turn them on or off at will.

I'm at a wits end, I was really hoping this weekend I would be riding, as all is good on paper, and I KNOW she runs before I wired up the rest of the bike. Very frustrating to say the least..................

why not remove the capacitor and temporily connect a 12v battery

If you have a spark and you have fuel then it can only be you are not getting a strong enough spark or its not at the right time or the fuel air mix is too weak .:shrug:

If it were me I'd squirt some ether into the intakes then I'd get on it and get someone to shove it or tow it down the road so you can get the engine turning over at more speed.:thumbsup:

oh forgot to say I've finished the car's wiring yippee . I took out over 1kg of wiring and alarms !:yikes::wtf:

So I'm back onto the bike tomorrow weather permitting :laugh:

Its still anyones race to win :bike:

Yeah I was thinking that. Will look into it next weekend if I'm allowed!

Well done on the wiring bud! Pissing with rain here tomorrow! Good luck!

Just spent the last hour reading through the whole build. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but hang in there man, it will all be worth it when you're riding in the fresh air! It's cold and raining here in Texas today, but I hope to get out next week and put mine back together. Keep at it man!

Item #17 from the "Parents with Small Children Handbook":

When something stops working correctly, inspect its mechanisms for cookies and treats.

Many repair shops have reported finding peanut-butter sandwiches inserted into VHS players...

When something stops working correctly, inspect its mechanisms for cookies and treats.

Many repair shops have reported finding peanut-butter sandwiches inserted into VHS players...

:D:laugh::laugh: wondered where they went :laugh:

raining in Texas .....now theres a thing !:confused:

Hehe!! Little one doesn't eat peanut butter sandwiches yet! She can't even walk yet!!

Thanks for the advice though!:D:thumbsup:

I have a couple capacitors and if memory serves after setting awhile the voltage was low low the 11 volt range. test your capacitors voltage.
Might be some baby food in there too

Airwolfie, dang... its allways pretty exiting getting ready for the season. Hope youll get at it and get it started. But if I were you, I would try the suggested battery capacitor swap and see if it works that way, its a quick test and will give you a hint.

:bike::thumbsup:

Back