My first ever bike build!!

Thanks Carbon! It's really growing on me! Maybe once it's on the lower part it will be less "goldy"! I MIGHT attempt to do some motor assembly this weekend!!! we'll see!

Diggin the color scheme. This carb brace would look sick if you running this bs carb

DSCN0213.jpg

I think it looks pretty sweet man!

Thanks Casey!

I think it'll look good in the bike man.
You have too much time on your hands Airwolfie!:laugh:

I hope so! Took me theree days to do, a little at a time, I would not have the patience to do it all in one hit!

Diggin the color scheme. This carb brace would look sick if you running this bs carb

Thanks Johann! Maybe at some later point if I have a few notes spare, I may get that!

Airwolfie, you're on to something there!

Do a google search of 'steampunk'...

Thanks man! I did and I like what I saw! Gave me some more ideas!!

So I got my tripletree back from a fellow forum member on the UK site, and they are awesome!

See this thread for more details...

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?p=302292#post302292

I just had to take a few mock shots, tried a 21' wheel,but I think the 19' looks better.

19'......

9581694969_ecd311a19e_b.jpg

21'......

9584477878_ff6bbff84c_b.jpg

And one with the bars back on the tree!

9584470144_53f4dcdf4e_b.jpg

I was going the twin disc route, but for cost reasons I MAY have to go singe as I will need to get some spacers made to bring the discs out and maybe the calipers in. Can't say if they do until I got some spacers made for the disc.

Also going to have some spacers made for the spindle as it is the YZF's! More to come soon!

Thanks Carbon!

I had to move the tank back a bit, so I just elongated the holes in the tabs, slid it closer to the seat, and now they clear! It was actually the top tree that got hooked up on the tank, the bars aren't even close to it! I have about 45% each way should be enough I think!

Only the Yanks call them 'triple-trees', the rest of the world - 'YOKES':)

Oh I see how it is now. :shrug:
Just because the rest of the world has it wrong and calls it a yoke. :shrug:
Does not mean that's right. it's a triple tree :D
yokes are in eggs :laugh: not yolk

So are You going to go qold on that yoke? :wink2:

For those of us who worked behind the counter, the bottom 'yoke' was called the steering stem (Yamaha called it 'underbracket'), and the top yoke was called the 'crown', and the exhaust gasket in the head was called 'muffler bearing', but that just made it worse.

Have you checked your 'blinker fluid' lately???

Back