My first XS650

DBeach

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hey, im new on the forum and thought id share, got my first xs650 today when my gpz305 blew up(they dont like doing 100mph) its a 76 in pretty good shape, ive heard good things about these bikes, except for the handling. not sure if the facebook photo will work but ill give it a shot
davey.beach

hey, im new on the forum and thought id share, got my first xs650 today when my gpz305 blew up(they dont like doing 100mph) its a 76 in pretty good shape, ive heard good things about these bikes, except for the handling. not sure if the facebook photo will work but ill give it a shot
davey.beach

a few easy mods and these things handle great, i've a done quite a bit of them on my 650 and the only real issue i have is ground clearance

pictures are coming soon, it wasnt as much of a purchase as it was pushing it out of the backyard, i have a question though, this has CV carbs on it right? probly wont work witht the pods i have right now eh?, thanks.

yep, it has cv carbs, and if the pods are the right size then they'll work - you may have to fiddle with the jetting though especially if that muffler is less restrictive than stock.

just make sure that the pods don't block any of air inlets on the carb, some of the cheaper pods ppl have installed have led to a poor running engine because they partially or completely blocked some air passages.

those are the stock mufflers but i will be replacing them with a set of 18" mufflers so i will probably be doing some jetting, not a big deal though, i learned these carbs are pretty simple when i cleaned them yesterday

Back