My flat tracker

I like spoked wheels but all of these cast wheels pictured here are gorgeous compared to my Comstars on my CB750Cs. Those Comstars have to be the ugliest wheels ever made, but hey, they grow on you.

IMHO the all black wheels take away the contrast between the hub, disc, caliper bracket, lower fork leg, speedo drive etc. I`ve done several sets with a gray spokes and satin polished highlights and outer rim. Wire spokes are still my favorite. What size is your rear wheel? If you`ve used a Omar`s conversion kit just transfer this to a stock 19" front wire spoke and keep your caliper intact. You in the UK are so lucky to have the Red Max Speed Shop. They have tons of neat XS650 stuff. Your seat and battery tray look like their`s. I like your choice of the Champion Seat-Tail Section. Lots of wheel choices out there, something will pop up.:thumbsup:
No Theme Finished 006.JPG

The champion seat tubes aren't too hard to bend, the sharp bend is 160*, the forward bends are 30* and are also 30* off plane.

You can see the KZ wheel I used, but I went to 17" rims. Just remember that if something isn't the "traditional" way, it can still work great.
tmp_31915-20170903_173124-1858412636.jpg
20190601_154923_HDR.jpg

Bending the rear seat loop for the Champion seat is easier than it looks. The only problem is that it seams like each brand of the Champion tail section is different in size. The Omars is way different (longer), GopherGlass makes 2 sizes, Saddleman is different also. Omars was going to bend up a loop to replace the stock rear XS650 frame rails/loop to sell with their wider XS Champion tail section but I don`t know if they ever put it into production?

Attachments

• champion seat frame 001.JPG
    champion seat frame 001.JPG
    393.5 KB · Views: 77
  • champion seat frame 002.JPG
    champion seat frame 002.JPG
    284.1 KB · Views: 97
  • champion seat frame 003.JPG
    champion seat frame 003.JPG
    274.6 KB · Views: 113
Yep, halfmile nailed it. That's why I didn't put any lengths with the angles. The hard part for me, and why it took 3 tries to get right, was the shallow bends. Getting the angle wasn't bad, but getting the offplane angle right at the same time was tricky. 3.5" CLR on the bending die is what matched the back of my seat. The brand seat I used is KE motorsports.

Back