My mistress "the dirty screamer" build log

hahaha, I told you guys there was some minor changes. I wanted the seat post straight vertical for three reasons. Because its easier carb access, I wanted it long but balanced and proportional and because I just think it looks better lol.

The rake is 35 degrees, 4 inch stretch.

What do you guys think of the looped hardtail?

and ya i think its going to be really low, hopefully not to low.

thanks travis, Im like a kid waiting for christmas morning, cant wait to get it back in the garage AKA "the cubical"

running no front brakes takes some getting use to but it aint that bad ,been running no front brakes on a sporty chop for years with no problems i like it,just my two cents.:poke::smoke:

i understand that but its what you get use to ,i love riding that set up ,it even has a hand clutch ,hand shift,i know i will hear alot about that but its what i like to ride:smoke:

No that's cool. I think most people are going to be a little more careful when riding a motorcycle with things like a jockey shift, foot clutch, and no front brakes compared to riding a bike with the usual set up. Shit, the front brakes on my SR500 are so contaminated with fork oil that they are pretty much useless, and the rear one locks up if you use it because the piston in the caliper is all gunked up. So I pretty much have pull the front brake lever to the bar (it's got spongy lines too) and down shift to engine brake in order to come to a stop. It's dangerous as hell but fun to ride. The sad part is I've had all the stuff to fix it for months but other projects have been taking priority.

Well for in Ontario its a requirement to have front brakes, I would like to get a set of clutch and brake controls with the reverse pivot. Not sure what the proper name is but something like this. any ideas?

Attachments

• 2729777049_764b5f8be8_b.jpg
    2729777049_764b5f8be8_b.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 644
I've heard them called inverted levers or reverse levers but couldn't find much on google using those terms.

I think I found a way to get my hands on some cheap 7/8 inverted levers, not sure yet but i will post if it pans out. I think they would give the project a nice touch of class. If it doesnt pan out Im going to have to make them.

Ya thats a little crazy, Not much luck on my source yet but im sure I can find some for a good price just have to get in touch with the right people.

Quick update, Got the frame back so I quickly threw some wheels on her. Engine is still in peices workin on a rebuild.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 565
Looks great! :thumbsup: When I first saw your frame I was worried you wouldn't have much ground clearance but 4.5 inches should be enough on a hardtail as long as you aren't carving canyons. Thanks for the update! Keep 'em coming!

Back