My mistress "the dirty screamer" build log

Attachments

• 0a42a981.jpg
    0a42a981.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 207
Well I have been afraid to spend that much on a seat but I think that the seat isnt something you would want to cheap out on.

Damn that seat looks nice! I like the color and shape. Hope it works well for you. (actually I hope you hate it so you can sell it to me for half price! :devil:)

Nope.... that's the beauty of buying used new stuff. It's only going to depreciate so far and if I change my mind, I won't lose a thing!! :devil:

Anyway... getting this back on topic... post some pictures of the seat mocked up when you get it. It'll look a lot better than that black thing you're using now. :wink2:

A little up date,

Got the seat in, sorry guys its a keeper.
Got a bunch of little parts on order (should be in this week).

Going to do a permanent magnet alternator conversion and I was wondering if this wiring diagram will work. (Just one fuse? and one main ground?)

Any faults? thanks guys

Attachments

• mine2.jpg
    mine2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 227
- i would protect the ignition circuit with a 7.5 or 10 amp fuse...like this, also you could protect the lighting circuit with 1 x 10 amp fuse if you wanted

xs650-1-1.jpg

- id still be tempted to stay with 3... 1 x 20 amp before the capacitor, as they can explode, and separate fuses for the lighting and ignition circuits...easier to replace a fuse than lights and pamco units, although not overly expensive arent cheap either

Ok sounds like a plan, Once I get some parts It should be running pretty quickly.

Is there any type of capacitor I need? can I or should I use the stock one?

For the capacitor, you can get them pretty cheap online. I bought a 50 volt 15,000uF capacitor for my SR500 but haven't installed it yet so I can't tell you how it well it works. From the reading I did online before I bought it, it should be more than enough to even out the power. I'm no expert on them though, just bought it based on a few recommendations I read.

- that should be enough, you want an electrolytic type-elko-at least 25volt and 10,000uF to even out fluctuations in the power supply...be careful though, they can explode

- neg to earth, positive should be hooked as close to the rec-reg output as possible and protected by a 20A fuse

electrolytic-capacitors.jpg

- i like to use the screw type...KTM uses these, can be sourced from a wrecker or new

Back