My mistress "the dirty screamer" build log

- generally theyre aluminum electrolytic capacitors, the layer of insulating aluminum oxide on the surface of the aluminum plate acts as the dielectric
- the thinness of this layer allows for a relatively high capacitance in a small volume...this can withstand an electric field strength of the order of 109 volts per meter
- high capacitance and high voltage result in high energy density
- capacitors are polarized, positive and negative
- they may catastrophically fail if voltage is reversed...a reverse-bias voltage above 1-1.5 V destroys the center layer of dielectric material via electrochemical reduction (redox reactions)-short circuiting it, the electrolyte rapidly heats up and leaks or bursts...oxygen gas...BOOM
- run too much voltage through them this will happen too...capacitors are safety rated eg. 15v, 18v, 20v etc.... run 18v through a capacitor rated at 15V...BOOM
- the explosion will depend on the charge...if the cap shorts out it discharges through a very low resistance in a very short time...a fully charged capacitor can vaporize a screwdriver...a partial charge has less spectacular results...no charge, no BOOM

- so dont short them and dont overload them

- ive been using 25v 10000μF caps for some time now with out problem, so far...the same ones KTM use in their machines

perfect, now i just got to find one, works got me really busy these days and not home too much, need it on the road for spring or i think i will cry lol

ok got a capacitor on order 25v 10000μF (ktm). should be here by the end of the week, but I wont be hahaha, home for a day and looks like im gone again in the morning for at least a week maybe two. fun fun fun

Hi Guys, been a while with basically no progress. Been on the road with work all winter so its been hard. But I got a couple new parts some I like and some I hate. New seat (still have to mount) but it rocks, New headlight (still have to mount) but also like it, made new pipes dont like them and new clip-ons also dont like. I have another set of pipes that came with the bike that i think will look better (mufflers been cut off).

Something doesnt look right, think its the clip-ons hmmm. What do you guys think? (Keep in mind that I do plan on lowering the forks once I get the handlebars figured out)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 505
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 534
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 660
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 471
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 536
bike has some real cool features, dont think I would use clip ons on it just dont think i could ever get comfortable on it being that small and riding position. but that is me. I do like the rest of the bike. I also like clip-ons on cafe style bikes. Now maybe 4" risers and drag bars would be a better choice.

What do you guys think about flipping the clip-ons around so that the bar is on the back side of the forks? I think that might look better but will restrick the turning radius a bit.

I think the problem is all the wooden features :D

I don't think flipping the clip-ons will work.. you'll probably be hitting your tank. I think the clip-ons look ok but maybe cut off the excess part of the bar that is toward the light...

It'll look better once you lower the forks too and get some grips on there. Maybe re-weld the bars to the clamps so the stick straight out of the clamp like this ---O instead of this ___O_

Which exhaust looks better? I think I like the second one (maybe hahaha)

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 435
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 454
I'm interested in how you're going to route the first... it looks like it's going under the frame? <squint> Did you just reverse the headers to do that? Right <-> left, i mean?

Back