my new tank logo

schlakeandbake308

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
yamaha has one major problem... their font and logo is kind of boring. its been hard for me to come up with something to put on my tank, and i didn't want to use triumph or norton font. so i made my own with the help of a local shop. its the original nippon gakki logo, which was used on yamaha original pianos, surrounded by script. i will have the vector later this week. if enough people are interested, i can make it available. I think its going to look awesome, let me know what you guys think

Attachments

• IMG_1403-2.jpg
    IMG_1403-2.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 982
I love the tuning forks logo, and glad to see a tuning fork in your logo. The new star is dumb. Really cool

Looks great! I think it would look even better without the second ring and the "Yamaha motorcycle Co." script.

Regardless, I like it a lot.

The star one is limited to Star motorcycles and is not THE corporate logo. Just look on any of the real bikes they produce. - - -
The tuning fork logo is a timeless classic.

Hi solo,
nothin' unreal about Yamaha's Star lineup.
Mind you they ain't to my taste either even if I don't denigrate them.
Nor do I denigrate the real ones even if my elderly body cannot configure to their pseudo-racer ergonomics any more.
Gawd! These days all I can fit on is their XS series and perhaps their scooters.
But yeah, the ol' triple tuning forks logo has timeless elegance.
The proposed tuning fork chicken?
It'd have to be as big as a saucer before you could make out the details, eh?

yamaha has one major problem... their font and logo is kind of boring. its been hard for me to come up with something to put on my tank, and i didn't want to use triumph or norton font. so i made my own with the help of a local shop. its the original nippon gakki logo, which was used on yamaha original pianos, surrounded by script. i will have the vector later this week. if enough people are interested, i can make it available. I think its going to look awesome, let me know what you guys think
OK then,
perhaps it's a Phoenix, not a chicken?
Leave the flames off and centralize the bird & tuning fork portion.
Loose the writing and make the thing mebbe 3" diameter so it's big enough to see.
When Mr Cheap repainted my Standard tank I bought 2-1/2" diameter stick-on plastic triple tuning fork badges at $6 each from my local Yamaha dealer.
A forking Phoenix would look as good if not better and if it really IS a chicken, it's a true representation of my riding style.

It's just that Angus67's post reads as he believes that Yamaha's corporate loge is the star. I was just wanting to clarify that it isn't (and get a dig in on the POS Star bikes).

Are you calling the three tuning forks a star?. That tuning fork logo has been used on Yamahas' musical instruments for decades.

Scott

its supposed to be a hoo, apparently, a japanese phoenix. its a very old logo from the original foundation company of yamaha. its it dates to like 1900 if i remember right. i just stuck the words on there for a more retro look. Too many guys deleting their yamaha badging, i just wanted something new for my bike. the tuning forks are timeless, but for some reason this bird stuck with me.

http://www.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/corporate/brand/tuning_fork_mark/

read mine too, while your at it. the cruiser line uses the star, and the suicide machines use the tuning forks. I know the corporate logo is still the tuning forks. but Yamaha seems to be trying to be two different companies, ie, chevy-gmc, or ford-jag
back to the po's thread, centralizing the phoenix head with fork in beak, and bigger.
perhaps less detail to keep the outter circle? too big looks like trying too hard, and too small loses detail. did you draw that? or find it somewhere?

angus check back a couple posts i put a link in showing the history of yamaha's insignia. the phoenix is the very first logo, originally for the company nippon gakki when they only produced musical instruments. ill attach it here. the problem is, it is so detailed that it would be impossible to cut it out of a vinyl transfer decal, but a solid piece of vinyl that has had the logo printed on works great. since i had to use a solid piece, i threw "yamaha motorcycle co. on too, since the actual logo related to instruments. yamaha has a pretty crazy history, and they have their hands in... well... everything. it just looked too cool to have that bird with the tuning fork in its mouth and not slap in on my tank, I'm going to try to have an alternator cover cnc engraved with it too. it might end up pretty awesome. i think the flames might be a little much, but since it was on the original, gotta include it you know?

here is that link again. http://www.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/corporate/brand/tuning_fork_mark/

Attachments

• 2d5c235702dcfd434b476f73153592b5.jpg
    2d5c235702dcfd434b476f73153592b5.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 178
here is what it looks like on a tank! I'm not going to sell the decals, i simply don't have time to keep track of sales and whatnot. Figure8 got my only set left, but the vector image is available to anyone who wants it. pm me your email and ill send it. the artwork is about $70 and a vinyl sign shop, since its done having them made should only cost about $10

Attachments

• IMG_2263.jpg
    IMG_2263.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 198
Hi S&B,
IMHO, bike art should be readable from across the street.
The ForkenChicken is too busy and cluttered up to do that.
The Brand is already written large on the engine cover so
lose the peripheral writing and the fussy flames, make the
Phoenix big enough to see and then she'll be right.

to each their own i suppose, but it looks pretty cool to me. the phoenix on there is tough to really make that visible with out making the logo like 6", or altering the original design. i definatly wanted to stay true to the roots of yamaha, so i put it together like this. i know it won't be for everyone, but its still available to anyone who likes it, here are a few more pictures. if anyone wants to blow it up bigger, all you have to do is stretch the image. plus if you want to change it, its an easy graphic to work with, any decal shop can change it in about ten min. won't hurt my feelings!

Attachments

• IMG_1450-1.jpg
    IMG_1450-1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1465.jpg
    IMG_1465.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 161
I like it. Looks good against the black and white of the tank. I think think the whole package looks pretty good.

A custom motorcycle should be built to your own taste and yours is definitely unique with that logo.

nice logo but I think its a bit crowded at that scale....... it just looks like mush .
Instruments are seen close up but bikes from much further away so I don't think it will be descernable at 10 foot +

Back