1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

My on the cheap bobber build thread.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Johnt3, Dec 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sdxs2

sdxs2 New to me XS2

Looks good. Is that a '57 Ranchero? I want to see that build too!

2. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Thanks sdxs2. Yeah,We seem to always have a garage rat for the winter around here.:laugh:

3. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

I'm hoping to get away this weekend to work out my exhaust.Man! It's been too long since I worked on her.Got new clutch and throttle cables with a braided rear brake hose and carb floats in.Also went ahead and bought a front cam guide.I'll hopefully be tearing down to install it and reseal the topend soon.

4. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Went to the shop and started on the exhaust.Although not perfect I think it'll workout good.Here are some pics.I'll wrap them from the flanges to under the battery box. Any comments or ideas welcomed. I was thinking of using a couple of clamps to secure the pipes like these.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  5. jdizon

jdizon XS650 Guru

Exhaust came out good! You going to paint or wrap them?

6. Sub xs650

Sub xs650 XS650 Addict

Looks nice Paul's gonu be jelles lol

7. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Thanks guys.Yeah I'm going to wrap them. They are pretty close to the bottom of engine.
    Ha Ha! I hope Paul's jealous. That guys work is very nice.:thumbsup:

8. Hey Johnt3, I am very jealous of those pipes! I really like that flow you have there, well done my friend, fantastic work!
    Loving the build thread too!!

9. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Ha Ha! Thanks Paul. I wish we had a better bender at the shop but when their wrapped they will be fine.
    Here are the red baron goggles.
    [​IMG]

10. very nice, looks great, really. you cleaned that thing up in an awesome way. BTW that seat w/ the back rest that was on there was about ridiculous.

11. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Thanks xs650special. What!, Dang that seat was cool back in the day man.:laugh:

12. essexboydave

essexboydave XS650 Enthusiast

Your bike is looking good mate, I do like those pipes :)

13. pdaly28

pdaly28 XS650 Addict

man...i like it just the way it is!wouldn't even paint it!

14. Love the goggles! Proper Biggles style!!! Get a white silk scarf and stick the wire in to complete the look :)

15. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Ha Ha!! Thanks guys! It was either run them under or high and out.
    I've got to paint it man... It's what I do for a living.
    Yeah a white scarf that's what I need.:bike:

16. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Well I got some turn signals for Christmas,really up in air as to where to mount them.I installed my new side mount tag/brake light and my original spot for the signals is now taken.I tried different locations, but didn't like them anywhere on the bike. I'm thinking about not running signals at all, but I'll have to check local regs first.
    Here's a pic of the signals.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  17. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Checked online and it doesn't look like I'm required to have signals in Kansas.Unless I find something different or a location that will work I'll run without.
    Hope to work on her this weekend.

18. Attached Files:

19. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Well hell. I guess I'll look into mounting options again. Thanks Paul.