My on the cheap bobber build thread.

I'm hoping to get away this weekend to work out my exhaust.Man! It's been too long since I worked on her.Got new clutch and throttle cables with a braided rear brake hose and carb floats in.Also went ahead and bought a front cam guide.I'll hopefully be tearing down to install it and reseal the topend soon.

Went to the shop and started on the exhaust.Although not perfect I think it'll workout good.Here are some pics.I'll wrap them from the flanges to under the battery box. Any comments or ideas welcomed. I was thinking of using a couple of clamps to secure the pipes like these.
07-0001_zps347c0247.jpg

DSCN0404_zpsa879f3b5.jpg

DSCN0405_zps954df4a4.jpg

DSCN0406_zps331df626.jpg

DSCN0410_zps553bbc16.jpg

DSCN0412_zpsdb47b11f.jpg

DSCN0413_zps6d54db68.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys.Yeah I'm going to wrap them. They are pretty close to the bottom of engine.
Ha Ha! I hope Paul's jealous. That guys work is very nice.:thumbsup:

Ha Ha! Thanks Paul. I wish we had a better bender at the shop but when their wrapped they will be fine.
Here are the red baron goggles.
Red_Baron_Aviator_Goggle_Red_detail_zpsadd9ec73.jpg

Ha Ha!! Thanks guys! It was either run them under or high and out.
I've got to paint it man... It's what I do for a living.
Yeah a white scarf that's what I need.:bike:

Well I got some turn signals for Christmas,really up in air as to where to mount them.I installed my new side mount tag/brake light and my original spot for the signals is now taken.I tried different locations, but didn't like them anywhere on the bike. I'm thinking about not running signals at all, but I'll have to check local regs first.
Here's a pic of the signals.
IMG_4021__02697134874834012801280_zps56190391.jpg

Last edited:
Checked online and it doesn't look like I'm required to have signals in Kansas.Unless I find something different or a location that will work I'll run without.
Hope to work on her this weekend.

Back