My on the cheap bobber build thread.

Thanks 2poler.Man those are cool.I've already welded some tabs on for my back signals.
I'll get her outside to get a better view sometime this weekend. Maybe I'll change up and try those.
How's your bike coming?

Probably won't be working on my bike this weekend got some family health problems to work out. Hopefully everything will be OK soon.

mine is going very slow. With the holidays (my busiest time of the year at work) and my bike in a garage 20 miles away just slowing everything up. Parts are rolling in though and I think next week I should be able to post some progress.

Yeah mine 30 miles away,at least I work there though.Hope you get to work on your bike soon 2poler. I might take my wife to see my build today.

Well we stopped by to see my bike and she thought it looked "pretty"!!:doh:
Oh well I guess that means she liked it. She also thought it looked bigger in person.:D

Well I got my front braided line in and it's the perfect length,but one end needs to be rotated 90 degrees. Anybody have success in twisting a crimped end?
Never mind I found what I was asking about. Yes,You can rotate an end.

Last edited:
Good stuff! Looking forward to seeing them!
Im going to make up the front brake line, and if my bits and bobs arrive - sort out rear sprocket and chain (gone for 31 tooth rear :) ) do the pedal kick start conversion and maybe start putting some switch gear into the electrics box.

Looked at this clutch lever and perch assembly. I think it'll match up to my master lever pretty good. Anybody have any reason not to run it?
http://images.motorcycle-superstore...ter-Clutch-Lever-and-Perch-Assembly-Black.jpg
-Clutch-Lever-and-Perch-Assembly-Black_zpse55eabb3.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I did look into a Hydraulic clutch setup, but I've got other things to spend money on right now. Are you using the mikesxs front master on your bike? Whats up with the funky lever on those?

Yeah I did look into a Hydraulic clutch setup, but I've got other things to spend money on right now. Are you using the mikesxs front master on your bike? Whats up with the funky lever on those?

Yup I'm using the mikexs master! Yeah I think I'm going to swap them out. I accidentally broke the brake switch on it and they don't carry replacement switches. I'm looking for other options now! Let me know what you decide to use

Well I got the new floats in the carbs yesterday and went ahead and installed stainless cap screws top and bottom while I was there.They don't look like new or anything but I can live with them.The PO apparently thought beating on the float bowls a lot would fix the leaking float problem.:doh: I hope to get into the shop tomorrow to build the mounts for the front signals.I'll try and take some pics of the carbs and turn signals while I'm there.

That's some good progress! I'd like to see the pics. I got a set of stainless carb bolts from France off eBay. It's the second lot I've had and they re excellent. They do the Engine bolts too. Yep the PO of mine must have been the product of Mungo off blazing saddles and Stevie Wonder !!! ;)

Back