1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

My on the cheap bobber build thread.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Johnt3, Dec 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Ha Ha! I went down to the local hardware store and spent $14 and 25 minutes for mine.
    My boss went ahead and bought a proper buffer so I'll try my hand at polishing my bits and pieces when I get a chance.:thumbsup:

2. Excellent! Buff away! It'll be good to see the results! Good price too! Jobs a goodun!

3. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Yeah,The boss loves his stuff nice and shiny.Silver pinstripe on your wheels huh?

4. Yeah, just the rim tape, good effect for not many bucks! Happy days!
    I must admit I'm a bit of a Magpie when it comes to shiny things too! :)

5. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Didn't work on the bike today. My stepmother has cancer and she's in the hospital.
    Wanted to speak with her doctors to see what the next step is if any to take.
    I did get a chance to get my kids by to see and sit on my bike so that was pretty cool.:thumbsup:
    My son is 13 and stands at 6 foot, damn near as tall as me.My little girl is turning 10 pretty soon and got a kick out of sitting there with her feet mostly on the ground.:)

6. Hi John, so sorry to hear of your news! But I'm sure all will be well! Sounds like a strapping young lad you've got there! A Rugby player in the making! Sounds like you have either a couple of helpers or another couple of projects for them! I don't have kids but I have two nieces who think Uncle Paul is quite cool! I can have them for the weekend and hand them back :)

7. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Ha Ha! get to spend time with them then their off.My son is not like me, he's into reading and playing video games and such. But I'm hoping to get him interested in some of the things that I like. He seemed to really like the bike.So maybe we'll get together on a few things.:thumbsup:My stepmother is not going to be up for the treatments I fear.
    She's pretty small and fragile.Don't get me wrong,she's a tough woman.It's really come on quick though.Thanks for the kind words.

8. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Well, I bought a key switch today from the farm store.It's from a ford tractor.:D
    Yes it was cheap.:thumbsup:

9. jdizon

jdizon XS650 Guru

cheap is good :thumbsup:

btw hope all is well with the family!

10. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Thanks jdizon. Yes Cheap is good.

11. That'll be a good switch - best wishes to the family too!

12. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Thanks Paul. I figured if it's good for a tractor it's good for my bike?

13. Too right! The one I ordered turned out to be a little bit dinky, but it'll be good enough to get on with I think.

14. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Got my front signal mounts made up tonight.I think they will work out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My back signal mounts.I'll be mounting them a little straighter,but the location is pretty close.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got my tag bracket mounted the other day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And some glamour shots as of today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next the wiring.:thumbsup:

15. Sub xs650

Sub xs650 XS650 Addict

16. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Thanks Sub xs650!

17. I am Carbon

I am Carbon shade tree mechanic

John, I think the blinkers look good too.
    I got out my blinkers yesterday so I can see about mounting them.
    My blinks are very small leds.
    Your tag light and plate mount looks good where You have it:thumbsup:
    She is looking great!

18. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Thank you Carbon. It's funny I was worried about the tag bracket hiding my signal,but didn't think about my rear caliper being so high!

19. jdizon

jdizon XS650 Guru

She's looking good! I'm inspired to getting some turn signals for my bike now!

20. Johnt3

Johnt3 Still learning...

Thanks jdizon. Do you need to run them? I like the fronts where they are,but I don't know about the rears. There's really no other place to put them and be seen.