My on the cheap bobber build thread.

Hey Carbon! What's up? I'm glad your still out riding for us all man!:wink2:
What the hell do you mean you didn't get any pics!:doh: Honey's and no pics.:(
Yeah what Paul said.:D
I just got back from a few good rides Thank you very much.:bike:
Bike was cutting out at first so I went over and filled up with fresh gas and she finally cleared up. Met a guy just down the road that has a few older Honda's and Yamaha's that had just picked up a Suzuki Savage for his dad.Someone has already chopped it and it still needs some work,but dang that's a cool little bike! It was cool to talk about the bikes.
It's good to see that there are other people with older "Jap" bikes around here. We talked about doing some riding soon.

Went riding today and all seemed good to go. Happy with the bike.:bike: Meeting a guy that works on old bikes.He also has a XS street tracker project he is working on. He's seen mine running around and is chumpin' to build one like it soon.

Sounds like a good time John.
Yes no pics I went with a friend this time and I just didn't think to take my camera.
My phones camera just sux.
I might have to get me a smart phone that has a good cam.
I had me a set of handlebars made they are at the powdercoater.
I should get them in a few days.
I could have made them myself, but I would have had to buy 7/8'dom,1"dom, 1 1/4" dom 1 1/4" solid stock here is a pic
full

Good mornin' Carbon! I'm gonna stay inside cause mother nature decided it was time for some cold again! 75 yesterday and mid 40's today.
Sucks because it looks nice out. You go get some riding in for me brother.

Well I went out for a little bit.:bike: Damn, it's cold! A nice arctic breeze it might say.
Felt like I spent more time getting suited up and starting the bike up than it took for me to realize it's too damn cold.:doh: Oh well, tomorrow is gonna be nice.

Hey fellas! Guess what, I'm pulling my engine now for sure. The cam chain guide went south on me.:eek:
I didn't see any debris on the last oil change,but now she's making some "chain running on a piece of aluminum" noise from the front of the engine.
I got her torn down,only the bottom bolt left. I'll get the boy to help me tomorrow night.:thumbsup:
I'm amazed how little time it took to tear it down enough to pull the engine. Took me a hour and 10 minutes to where I'm at.:D
I was looking at some of the build pics where I had it out on the shop floor and was thinking you should've went through it then dumb ass!:doh:
I'll snap some pics tomorrow and post them up.

Yep, I've been known to procrastinate.:wink2:If I run into problems,I'll call on you and the other guru's here.:D I'll tackle the carb's while I'm at it.

Thanks Paul. Got the engine out and loaded into the car.I'll do the work at the shop,we're on the slow side so the boss is gonna work on his drag banshee while I work on mine.
Here are some pics.
Loaded and ready to go.
IM000006_zps23e8294e.jpg

IM000007_zpsf8baf791.jpg

Something is missing here...
IM000008_zpsf6e6e3c7.jpg

IM000009_zps652097e1.jpg

IM000010_zpsd74aa7ab.jpg

Last edited:
Back