My on the cheap bobber build thread.

Johnt3, I am sorry to hear about your stepmother. I hope things get better for you and your family in the coming months. Cancer is a terrible disease. Your bike is looking great, it will be interesting to see what the total amount spent was when you get done with it.

John,
I am truly sorry to hear of your tremendous loss, please accept my condolences for you and yours. You know she would want you all to carry on and remember her for all the good she made in your lives and that you too may pay it forward. Take this precious time to really get closer to your family as it brings a great opportunity for it.

Glad to see you still working on the bike when time permits, never fear we will always be here you know that. Stay cool fool :thumbsup:

I got my new fuel line T in today.It's a banshee unit.
We are having the funeral on Thursday.Family members are coming in from all over.
Might work on the bike this weekend.It would be nice to spend some time alone and do some wrenching.:thumbsup:

I agree wrench away and play Your favorite music.

Thanks guys.Good to hear the comments.I have to say this the greatest group of guys I've had the honor to share this bike building passion with.Yeah,I'm still itching to build.:D
I'm not really keeping a tab but, it's rolling on $2000 so far.:thumbsup:

Well, I got my new front tire mounted today. Yea! That was a SOB.The old tire was hard as a rock.I went with a Duro HF317-02 Tire 3.25-19". A little skinnier than stock and it makes my back tire look fatter.:thumbsup::D
I'll try and get some pics Friday.

Speaking of hard old tires I just cut my old one off with the tire grinder and finished the bead with a good pair of tin snips quick and done it about 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Well, I got my new front tire mounted today. Yea! That was a SOB.The old tire was hard as a rock.I went with a Duro HF317-02 Tire 3.25-19". A little skinnier than stock and it makes my back tire look fatter.:thumbsup::D
I'll try and get some pics Friday.

Duro HF317-02 Is that a harbor freight Tire??? I didn't know HF sold tires for motorcycles too:laugh:

Yeah, I needed the tube.No I really thought about cutting the damn thing.:D
Dang! I bought it from Lowbrow. What, you don't likey my cheap tire?:laugh:

Back