My on the cheap bobber build thread.

The funeral was today.It went "good" and a lot of family and friends turned out.It was nice to see some family and visit.It's too bad it was on such a sad occasion.My dad is doing pretty good considering.

Joh,
It is nice to hear it went "good" and it was good for you to observe all of the nice things about the day and dads are just amazing. Godspeed to you and yours.

Thanks Paul. My Father's cousins are still here so he's got people around him.
Well, it's time to get back to work on the build.I'm going to try and start wiring this weekend.I'll get some pics too.

Well good luck to you Paul. Although I'll be doing more than you pal.:laugh:
Why Thank you Carbon. I sense some sarcasm in the wiring is fun comment.:laugh:

:er: Yes I must admit that electrical is not my fav.
It's one of those things that just has to be just dead spot on.
No room for error.
But when it is finished and everything works as if is suppost to.
them it's time to :p party
bit if it doesn't work right then :bs:
but I can solder with the best of them

Carbon, Yeah I'll just sit down and concentrate on 1 circuit at a time. I'll probably start with lighting first.:thumbsup:I'm sure there will be some cussin'.:D
Paul, You can do it man. Just put your snow boots on and stoke the fire.:laugh:

Yeah I saw that pic. It does look cold Paul. We've had 55 degree weather out here but the wind is howling so that means it's gonna get cold soon.
I've not gone anywhere today. My son has the flu and is miserable,I'm stuck sitting with him.Maybe tomorrow I'll be "released" to work on my bike.
I've been thinking about and researching my plan of attack on my wiring for the time being.
I didn't tell you I had to use a engine lift to raise my bike to get at the front tire.:D It's the same one I used to work on the exhaust.My boss is using his motorcycle lift for a banshee build right now.

Ah, sorry to hear that - I have a remedy for flu - 1 x saucepan, warm up whisky in the sauce pan but dont bring it to the boil, stri in two big tablespoons of honey, keep stirring untill it disolves, pour into glass and drink! Yum! Works best with peaty single malts! (Laphroaig):D:thumbsup:

Well at least you got the tyre off! Thats the main thing! For the wiring, I drew out a diagram, so I knew what wires I physically had to run. Now I'm just playing around with the routing and such like. I think I'll finish the electric box end and tie everyhting off, then when i break the bike down for paint I'll draw all the wires out that way. Then after the paint is done, pull them back through toward the headlight end, after they've been heat shrinked, then finish the headlight end off last:shrug::laugh:

Sounds good Paul but, I don't think the wife would go for the last ingredient.:D
I've been looking on here at diagrams and have drawn up one for mine using designs I've found here. I like I said one circuit at a time.:thumbsup: Your lucky,you have a pretty simple diagram to run.

What she doesn't know won't hurt her! He he! My Grandfather used to give me that when I was a small child :D:laugh:
I know, I'm lucky, when I did the Bonneville, it was a lot trickier as I chose to build my own harness as opposed to the rubbish ones you could buy.
This time round it's simple, simple, simple:thumbsup:

Well Hell! Guess who caught the flu. I've been burning up and sleeping all day. This sucks man!:( I really don't want to miss any work over this, but I might call in tomorrow.
I never miss work.

Thanks Guys. Took the day off. Boss wasn't surprised since my daughter then my son had
this. Yeah, my son is doing pretty good now other than a crap load of make up work to do.:doh:

Back