My on the cheap bobber build thread.

I'm gonna do an oil change on the wife's van tomorrow:(, so I'll try and get some work done on my bike while I'm doing it.:thumbsup:
I'll probably run my brake lines and see what else I can do while I'm at it. Yes, I'm putting off the wiring job.:D
Anybody put any thought into running a brace for the carbs so they don't hang from the boots?

Glad to hear you are all on the mend!
Get the wiring done! :poke: :D
I think the boots are rigid enough to cope with the carbs weight. I've never gone with anything but the boots on bikes in the past. I think the only exception was a Gas Gas trials bike I had which had a monstrous carb and a teeny little inlet tract.

Thanks Paul,Yeah we're feeling a lot better.:) I don't know the carbs are pretty heavy. I might go ahead and run something to make myself feel better.:D I went to run my new rear hose and I'm not really happy with how it fits.The hose I bought was for a stock rear disc setup in braided stainless.While it might have fit a stock bike it took some tweaking to make it "fit". I also installed the front line and it fit pretty good,but I'm having trouble getting it to bleed.I'll pull the master off and bench bleed it this weekend.
I went ahead and coated my pipes and started to wrap one, but ran out of time to finish or take any pics.I'll get some up this weekend.:thumbsup:
And Yeah Yeah the damn wiring is next in line unless I come up with something else to do first.:D

Hi John, you should be able to di-assemble the banjos, which might help you tweak that hose. Or you can buy hose, banjos and bolts to suit.
When I did my new front hose, mine was awkward to bleed - so I did my ususal trick - length of clear tubing over the bleed nipple cracked open, fill the master cylinder, pull the brake lever back and give it a little suck (gentle at first) then the fluid will start to flow.
There was a recent thread about someone else with a similar bleeding issue too.
Hopefully ill get my wiring done this weekend!! :)

Yeah, I went ahead and tweaked it a little to fit.I'll try that trick this weekend. Thanks Paul. I'm going to get my pipes done today.
You get your wiring done man.:thumbsup:

Hey John good to see You r better!
You got that wiring done yet?:wink2:
I know I know :D
I mounted my head light. And the tank is now mounted too. Not just sitting there.
I used HHB doityourself tank bungs. That was way too easy!
and It's time to put the engine back in so I can mock up the controls:yikes:
Yes the gravity trick works perdy good on bleeding brakes.
Good luck Man!

Yeah I'm back up and running Carbon and no, I haven't started my wiring yet.:poke:
I did get the cables and carbs on today.You know how you screw up the look of a fine bike build? You run all the legal crap on it! I grabbed my handful of wires and said damn!:(
Dangit Paul, you got it easy my friend!:laugh: If anybody wants to come on over and wire this SOB I'll step aside.:thumbsup:

You can do it John.
just remember red is positive n black is negitive and You will be Okay
I'm workin on my forward controls :umm:
hope it works out:shrug:
I did put some stickys on my Triumph and went fer a ride. Boy it was fun too:gun:

Oh yeah, You live in frickin' Florida. Sounds like fun Carbon.:thumbsup:
I'm going to sit down and do it.One circuit at a time. Starting with the charging system.
I've been looking at wiring diagrams and I've got a rough idea on what to do.
I'm sure I'll be bugging people.
Is this right for the stock charging system?
I stole this from EvenmoreXS.
View attachment 25196

Tomorrow is set.I will be in the shop to work on my wiring.I'll see how far I can get.
I'm sure there will be cussin' so if your a sissy, don't be around me tomorrow.:laugh:
I'll be sure and get some pics for you guys.
I did get my pipes wrapped and back on the bike, they look pretty good IMO. The color of the wrap is what I'll try and use for my stripe on my tank and fender.
Got to go run some errands and do some crap for the wife today so good building to you all.

Yes sir, Nice and sunny here in Kansas right now,but that could change anytime now.
Perfect for some yard work.:doh:
I'll be sure to post some tomorrow Paul.
Welp, back to work before my kids decide I can do this stuff myself.:laugh:

Have a good one my friend. Stay warm man. Thanks for the link,I've been looking at those diagrams.I've got a few printed out already so I should be okay.:thumbsup: It's that simple, you just draw it up and blammo you got fire.:D

I may be joining you tomorrow as far as wiring.... I'm going to totally go though and simplify my harness..... Hopefully I will not here you cussing all the way down here...:laugh:

Back