my rear brake sucks dick

I am going to make the peice tomorrow. should be mid 50s out. i am still skeptical tho......

nate (im assuming) i am waiting on some stuff from you guys!
In case anyone is wondering my avatar is the flying W built by ardcore.

yamaman no blokes here but if i run into the guy that made that set up ill let him know he sucks dick

Made my bracket yesterday. I didn't relocate it but I put several holes in it to fine tune it. Still have to play with that more to see how short I can go. Bottom. Line it was the pivot length. Brakes are about 60% better now and I'm happy with it, but definitely wont be running TC forwards on any other further builds

definitely wont be running TC forwards on any other further builds

I dont get it. You have "bad mouthed" the company that made some of your parts. You discovered that the problem has nothing to do with what they made. Yet you wont use there parts.:wtf: Please dont ever mention custom when desciribing your bike. As it seems that your a straight stock bolt on type guy. :eek:

Joe I have an opinion on a product. If you don't like that's fine. I have other gripes about the forwords and I just plain don't like them. I didn't go into detail about them didn't fell the need to. I have never said anything about customizing, I think you have been watching to much OCC. I am a Guy trying to enjoy life and build a few bikes from the ground in my garage by myself. Please refrain from flaming just cause you don't like an opinion, it makes you sound like a child. I turned to the board to be with like minded INDIVIDUALS so lets just get back to our xs's

man this forum justs keeps getting more and more hostile. hope it doesnt turn into 650rider! i felt the forum this forum had a much better attitude before that site shut down. just my opinion. take it or leave it.

ironsled- i am running some tc bros stuff on my bike and everything is tip top and the customer service has been outstanding! just curious, if you didn't like the forward controls design, why did you buy them? im not a huge fan of their forwards either (that is why i am making my own). hope you get it all figured out and everyone can just take it down a notch or two ;)

I'd like to add there was never any mention of the adjustment of the rear brake. A drum brake should have a slight drag and should not spin freely like a spool wheel would. Even with the afctory set up, the back brake does almost nothing unless it is set with some drag. Regardless of the pivot setup you'll never have good brakes unless they are adjusted properly.

Sorry to ruffle your feathers. With such a harsh thread topic you posted, I figured you to be a hard ass.
FYI- OCC is no longer on the air. Guess thats why I have so much more time on my hands to post here now.:D
Carry on with your penis sucking thread.

So, let me get this straight: If you use the TC Bros bolt-on or weld-on prefabricated crap that everybody else is using, but don't bitch about paying $175 for something you should be able to fabricate yourself with minimum effort out of scrap found in your shop, then you're a "custom guy"? Ah, OK. It's definitely good to know what a custom guy is. Thanks for clearing that up, brother. :thumbsup:

Nice edit on the "I have to go ride!" :laugh:

So, let me get this straight: If you use the TC Bros bolt-on or weld-on prefabricated crap that everybody else is using, but don't bitch about paying $175 for something you should be able to fabricate yourself with minimum effort out of scrap found in your shop, then you're a "custom guy"? Ah, OK. It's definitely good to know what a custom guy is. Thanks for clearing that up, brother. :thumbsup:

Nice edit on the "I have to go ride!" :laugh:

:wtf: Is this directed toward me?

LMAO I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this post. Get in your garage and build some bikes you whiney little bitches LOL

I new that question was comming lol, Im out of town almost all the time working, makes it hard to get in the shop. Im a bush pilot and waiting for weather to clear today.
rather be in the shop with a beer.

Bottom. Line it was the pivot length. Brakes are about 60% better now and I'm happy with it, but definitely wont be running TC forwards on any other further builds

Joe I have an opinion on a product. If you don't like that's fine. I have other gripes about the forwords and I just plain don't like them. I didn't go into detail about them didn't fell the need to.

If the title would have been called "My rear brakes suck dick" then there wouldn't be any problems. That is clearly what the thread is about, your rear brakes not working as they should. It has nothing to do with the forward controls at all. Go back and read the thread but think of the title as "My rear brakes suck dick"

So now that you find out there is nothing wrong with your forward controls, you could just PM Travis and have the title changed since it is no longer valid if you only "just don't like them". Then admit you were wrong for blaming your rear brake problems on the forward controls. No one would think any less of your for admitting your mistake. To just stick to you guns because you don't want to admit you were wrong, is making you look bad. If you say a product is bad and give a reason for it, only to find the reason is invalid, you have two options 1) admit you were wrong or 2) find a new reason to validate why the product sucks. You can't honestly just say they suck and not provide a reason. To me the whole reasoning is flawed. It is like proclaiming Shimano reels suck because you can't catch any fish, only to find out you don't have hook on the end of your line. Then you could have said whoops! never mind guys, I didn't have a damn hook on the of end of my line! :doh: Instead you try to back up what you said before by saying "well Shimano reels are still crappy, but I won't say why". I'm not trying to be jerk about this, just trying to get you to look at the situation from a different perspective. :cheers:

man this forum justs keeps getting more and more hostile. hope it doesnt turn into 650rider! i felt the forum this forum had a much better attitude before that site shut down. just my opinion. take it or leave it.

I agree with that, but this forum is growing quickly and there is bound to be conflict. Now if people could just be respectful to eachother when they argue, things wouldn't seem so hostile in the handful of threads that go this way. When you think about it, there are almost 1000 threads here and maybe 10 are a little edgy. That's only 1%.

If people don't want to read the edgy stuff, they can just click that back button. Doesn't anyone know that there is an ignore button on this site so you can block people's comments all together? I have never read about it being mentioned before but it's there and works, I've tested it. Now I would probably never ignore any of you because I can't handle just about anything. But if people don't want to read someone’s comments, the ignore thing is always and option, before you get all huffy puffy and leave the site like that one guy did. He could have just clicked ignore. :laugh:

:) My turn to get in on this. Every bike I have ever built i have used the TC bros Forwards. Personally I have never had any issues with them other then them flexing when you really stand on them. Which they fixed on there newer models by using thicker steel.

The Pivot point and the angles of "action to reaction" are the key. Atttached is a pic of the pivot I designed and use and all my bikes. Some guy like to use the stock pivot. I dont cause the angle of action has changed from the hardtail and the forwards. The stock pivot is made for mids and really dosent give the the pull you need with forwards and a longer brake linkage rods.

I also noticed the pic of the bike thats is having the issues the brake lever at the drum is straight down.... thats way wrong. This lever need to be a 8 O'clock so when you appley the brake you have a full swing to 4 O'clock. Most of you will understand what i'm talking about, If you dont you need to ask questions, THAT IS WHAT THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT.

Attachments

• brake%20pivot.jpg
    brake%20pivot.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 274
  • as%20of%2003-08-10.jpg
    as%20of%2003-08-10.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 318
  • 2 wheel mafia yamaha.jpg
    2 wheel mafia yamaha.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 229
Exactly what you were trying to say, plus the well-constructed argument and minus the insults, you mean.

I also noticed the pic of the bike thats is having the issues the brake lever at the drum is straight down.... thats way wrong. This lever need to be a 8 O'clock so when you appley the brake you have a full swing to 4 O'clock. Most of you will understand what i'm talking about, If you dont you need to ask questions, THAT IS WHAT THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT.

I think the angle of the lever on the drum looks fine. Like has been said before, it should be about 90* to the linkage when the brakes are applied. You don't have 120* of swing on the lever at the drum. You might have 10-20* depending on how much slop you like in the brake lever. So if your linkage is parallel to the ground, your lever should start at about 6:30 and end up at 6. If your linkage is not parralled to the ground, then you would need to adjust the setup forward or back accordingly. It's about the relationship of the lever to the linkage. :twocents:

Any there you go... I just learned something :)

If I emplied that the brake lever had 120* of swing in a single pivot thats was my bad.... Thats would be a very bad thing :)

Thanks for the insite.

Back