My Street Tracker project

Yes they do, but no I did not move the bottom mounts. No ill effects seen. Most I have seen did not remount the swingarm mounts. Ask Slide about his. He did not move them. He puts some riding time on his bike

There are no problems whatsoever in not moving the shock mounts. A few years ago, I had that very conversation with Jerry Cheney of Chaney Engineering. He has alot of knowledge on suspension and chassis design and has raced for 40 plus years. His comment was that shocks are "very stupid and do not know what position they are in". They will go up and down without binding with no ill affects to the seals. My tracker has been thru the twisties and over plowed fields at high speeds. Same used Koni shocks since 2005 and still work great.
.....Mel.....

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought the matching Maxxis 27x7x19 CD3 for the front. Sure wish I could have got CD5's or 8's. Boy these things are wide till they go on those narrow Yammie rims. I contacted a guy to finish the truing on my wire wheels. They will be 19x2.15 wide front and rear. Just up from those 1.85 wide mags. Just have to wait on him now. 1 problem though. This purchase was a rob Peter to pay Paul. The money came out of my slush fund for my new snowmobile that is coming anytime from now till December!

Whats a gearhead to do!:banghead::doh:

Last edited:
This will be going on the rear when those wire wheels are done. Drilled by board member, Royboy. Thank's for the great job Roy.

Last edited:
Hey Dave
on your improvised battery box, how wide is that Shorai battery laying on its side? I was going to build my own box but after looking at your build, I may go the route you chose.

Dave,
You had put a link somewhere for me regarding people putting disk brakes on a drum brake style frame but for the life of me I cannot find it. Can you please put it up again? thanks a bunch

Wow, the one place I did not look of all places.I ended up buying the center mount tank---I guess we will see if a like it or not.

Aside from some cushioning between the frame and tank center mount, I would put something on each end, between the frame and glass. Maybe some neoprene or foam tube pipe insulation.

Thanks to gggGary for stoping by today on his way home from the Ozark rally and buying off the remainder of my XS650 stuff. Now I got some room for more snowmobile crap I don't need! Nice to meet you Gary. I will still check in here and sometime post if I can help. I learned a lot about the XS650 here, great site with great members.

Back