My XS650 Finally Finished (well, almost) with PICS

pristic

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So its time I put something up I think!
Been busy, Wife, Kids, Renovations, etc you know the drill... but snuck in the Bobber/Chopper Build too!

I had the bike, stripped down, David Bird hardtail also was with me... and thrown on Then I went to the USA, bought a bunch of parts (I was there for work anyway)
Bits
IMG_2056.jpg

Tank
IMG_2690.jpg

Weld this, weld that... chop this, chop that.
IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

Magically we end up with this !
IMG_2570.jpg

Lets see it with mocked up wheels
IMG_2492.jpg

Do some arty stuff to it
IMG_2608.jpg

And some other
IMG_2645.jpg

Lets get more artsy!
IMG_2841.jpg

Lets tidy up and do a weekend build! 3 days tops!
IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

Ok go
IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

Hold this please Son
IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

As usual, something has to break on the first test ride...
IMG_2943.jpg

Fix it, and we are almost there!
IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

Gotta say thanks to my cousin Jon for the help and our wives for letting us play the ENTIRE weekend :)

Still needs:
Rear fender
Grips
Electrics box/tube
Speedo mounted
mirrors

Little things ill get to... rides AWESOME and fun... except turning left, side stand scrapes the road! Argh! Its nothing a grinder and a BFH cant fix.
Think I now have the dreaded vacuum leak too... but ill fix dat too.

Well, thoughts?

Cheers,
Peter

My thought is
Peter and Jon were busy mofo's.
Did the photoshopping erase the brake line?
The left side shot I see the caliper and a silver slash across the tire but nothing in the air between.
And the kicker is that the 6fiddy's just rebent? I like how it sits towards the front.
Was it necessary to clear something?

Hey Weekendrider,

Yeah my iPhone editing skills suck. Line is braided and joined lol.
The kicker I had to bend for it to clear forward control linkages a bit. It's what came with my bike. Havnt seen one on another XS before though. Maybe dirt bike? It says "Kickstarter" on it also (it's cast with the word in it)
Left sidestand I had to bend also and trim the spring hook part.
Yes I have drop in the frame and the sidestand wouldn't clear at all. Even bent it scrapes turning left so ill have to mod it more. The actual stand doesn't scrape it's the part you push on to put the stand down. Big hammer and the oxy will sort it out. :)

Pete

Posted via Mobile

Actually in the photos where the kicker is in blue tape it's how it was originally when I got the bike. I only bent it a tiny bit more than that.
Also phot doesn't do the tank justice. There are skulls in the middle and depending on angle and light you see all or some of them. Was fun airbrushing that!

Posted via Mobile

Back