Mystery muffler

Thatxs650guy, you are right. The ultimate goal is a reliable, well running, attractive and nice sounding motorcycle. As far as the end product is concerned. I want to retain its original look to a certain extent. Personally, I’m not fond of the look and sound the factory exhaust system. Therefore it will be replaced. The riding season here in Maryland is a few months away and it’s not really road worthy. While making the necessary repairs now is a good time to find an exhaust system I like. Please don’t take what I’m about say the wrong way but I’ll decide what the correct goals are for my bike. Thanks for your input

Mufflers can be a tricky subject. When I put 1 1/2" single wall headpipes and aftermarket "big bore" Norton Commando peashooters on my 77, it sounded dreadful. Raspy, tinny sound. Nothing like a Commando 750 or 850

Arcticxs, That’s exactly what worries me about just going out and buying what looks good. I have watched some videos of different mufflers on the xs that to sounded awful. I know computer speakers and phone speakers aren’t going to give an accurate representation. I really don’t think the distortion will be so drastically different from listening in person that I’ll go from thinking it sounds bad to something I like enough to buy. Have you seen the mufflers from Feked and Armour? They have some really nice looking stuff but how will it sound? To me it’s a good chunk of change to buy mufflers. Too much money for me to go experimenting.
Thanks for your comments

Back