Mystery Tool - what is it?

20190401_133135.jpg
c6f12ff847482cf737215086acb4989b.jpg
avaliable in Windsor ON ?

Last edited:
Well while waiting for any more ideas on the other mystery tool how about one more:
Wald tool001.jpg

I tired to lighten up the image but am having problem with one of my programs.
Just to show how nice a guy I am I'll give the hint it is/was used on a two wheel device.

Well that was easy!
I tried searching online but only found a somewhat newer version of it DogBunny actually got the brand right!
Just wondering if I would be advised to try fixing a flat on my XS650 Specail using this method, :bike:
Yeah, but you have to reinforce the rubber band plug with duct tape from both the inside and out.

Can you post a pic or link as to what you ordered ? :umm:
My pic was a.... April fools special :D
Just Google "1/4 " hex head hand impact driver" to see it. Jegs Precision Equipment has it. Item # W2503 $11.99 Call cust support 1800 345 4545 Amazon has it for a buck more. There are others posted in Google claiming they are 1/4 ", but I physically went to Home Depot, Lowes, Harbor Freight, Ace Hardware, and Tractor Supply and checked the Sears site. They are not 1/4 ". If you don't specify "hand" when do your search, power drivers come up. I bought a nice set of 1/4 " hex head bits at Tractor Supply, ( 49 piece impact driver bit set,) Item # 1335829) $14.95 I saw other bit sets at Home Depot and Lowes. Vancouver, Huh? You must visit Mt. Baker, also.

Think this is what Goldenboy ordered:
https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/W2503/10002/-1

It is hex drive but one could just slip in a hex to square adapter as needed
My bit set from Tractor Supply also came with a hex base magnetic screw down chuck for power application. A power driver can be a light weight hammer drill, but that's not the driving I'm doing.

Vancouver, Huh? You must visit Mt. Baker, als
Mt Baker is sure far north. Been there skiing but long ago now.
I generally escape the I-5 corridor crowd by heading east to the east side of the cascade mountains. Mostly a "East Sider" in nature.
I sure do like that impact driver ! Looks very useful on screws !
-R

Mt Baker is sure far north. Been there skiing but long ago now.
I generally escape the I-5 corridor crowd by heading east to the east side of the cascade mountains. Mostly a "East Sider" in nature.
I sure do like that impact driver ! Looks very useful on screws !
-R
My friend lives in North Bend in view of Mt, Si. Here's another tool. 5 lbs and 8" long. Looks obvious as to what it is, but what is the application?

Attachments

• Magazine pictures 208.jpg
    Magazine pictures 208.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Magazine pictures 209.jpg
    Magazine pictures 209.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 209
Kind of looks like the hooks I recall guys at work who did Salmon fishing up north of here used!
I picked it up at a bait and tackle store in Atlantic Highlands in October. I was fishing the surf at Sandy Hook, but the striped bass and bluefish were in the Navasink River. The guys fishing the Highlands Drawbridge were picking up fish. Only problem for me was I didn't have a bridge gaff. That would be a much smaller weighted trebble hook. You attach a weighted trebble to the end of a bulk spool of twine. Three feet up from the trebble, you tie a metal shower curtain clip. Send your fishing lure down 60 feet to the water and pay out line, then lock the free spool. The lure digs in and swims for the bottom. That's when you get a hit. Bring the fish to 5 ft down current from the bridge, clip the shower curtain clip to the fishing line and send the trebble down the line. If it's 5 ft out it won't foul, but instead hang straight down away from the fishing line. Drop the trebble below the fish's belly and yank the trebble 'til it grabs meat. Then bring the fish up hand over hand. The fishing was so hot that big trebble was all they had left and they gave it to me for 5 bucks. Then they told me what it was for. The New Jersey State Police commissioned 200 of those heavy trebbles and the tackle store made some extras. The police use them to dredge for bodies in rivers and lakes.

Last edited:
Back