need a dog in atx?

xjwmx

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody in Austin need a dog? Half ridgeback, half bully of some kind. Seeks out and destroys cats, which could be good or bad I suppose.

Does that big beast come with a saddle and a single-tree?

Had a lab mix that we picked up as a stray that was a pussy assassin.

I married a cat lover, so probably wouldn't work out!

The Lion dogs.
Thats what the ridgeback does, what it was bred to do.
Good dogs, very good dogs if you can train them.
Very trying if you can't. They don't forget and they don't kowtow.

Attachments

• Jak and Belle.jpg
    Jak and Belle.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 106
Thats what the ridgeback does, what it was bred to do.

Interesting. Never thought of that. They were bred in Africa to hunt big cats with.

I'm watching it temporarily and the owner doesn't want it. Next door there are a half dozen stray cats and what it does immediately when you let it out is get on the scent of a cat and not give it up for anything. The owner said it killed one of her cats and I've seen it try to kill several if it could have gotten to them.

I told the owner it went after them like that was its sole purpose in life, and I learn from you that it actually is :) Ummm, unreal job of breeding guys, but no thanks.

If you aren't planning to do any type of training they (the breed) wouldn't be a good choice.
They are head strong and form their own opinions if not guided.
They are not retrievers, not "lap" dogs, they don't fawn around you. They ARE a working breed and need to work. If you own one of these in an urban setting I'm not sure what you would do to. We did coursing some but we have the room. They will keep other animals(4 legged and 2 legged) off the property or at bay if you are to stupid to realize it is their territory.

This one is harmless to all creatures except cats. And it's a cat killin MACHINE. Like a Terminator.

Back