Need info on mag to spoke conversion please!!

RevGas

Change180
Reaction score
I have a 1981 xs650 special that I am working on chopping up and I just ordered a set of aluminum 1975 xs650 19" front and 18" rear for my build. Does all the guts and wheel hub & brakes from the rear change over from the mag to the spoke or will I have to find parts for that too? If so is there a place online I can just order the parts new? Hub, brakes, hardware, ect?

I believe everything interchanges. I switched a 1975 from spokes to mags and had no issues that I recall.

Plenty of places to find parts on here if you need them. I would try the classifieds forum here first.

What are you doing with the leftover mags? Wanna sell them?

Awesome, I haven't received the spoke wheels yet but I have been worried about the year difference. That is kewl that they kept things interchangeable.

Hi Rev and welcome,
Me too with the wire wheel swap.
Everything swaps except if your front wire wheel still has it's stock 2-piece brake disk it's dished wrong and won't fit the newer caliper.
You'll need to swap in your original one piece brake disk. It bolts right onto the wire wheel.
Now would be a good time to drill it full of holes, eh?
All rear brake plates are identical in fit and function so no worries there either.

Back