Need Some Help Repairing my Starter and Wiring New Turn Signals (Front and Back)

mahdi12572

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Good Evening you guys!!!

So I'm a new rider and new to bikes. Just completed my MSF Basic Riders Course last week and bought a 1979 Yamaha 650 Cafe Racer....and I love it!!!

Being a noob that I am, I shot the battery by jump starting it with a car battery and flooded the engine from choking it, to get the bike running. So I swapped out the spark plugs, fuse, and new battery. The bike starts and runs pretty well now. But theres no noise from the starter when I press it. Before I did anything with the bike, I remember hearing a slight noise (not sure) when pressing it. When I bought it, the previous owner kick started and showed me around but never used the starter. Idk what I should look for.

Also the previous owner installed new turn signals front and back. I see the wires hanging out from the rear turn signals but idk where to connect it to.

Anyways, I need some help as a beginner to get the starter running and turn signals. I can't wait to ride this bike!

Thanks!!!

well here's the basic turn signal wiring

Attachments

• XS650 Turn Signals single indicator.PNG
    XS650 Turn Signals single indicator.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 245
Being a Café Racer it's been modified from it's stock form. We can't tell from here just what has been modified. You need to tell us what you have before we can help much.
Lots of good pics of the electrical system will improve the chances we can help.
Leo

Back