Need Wheel Spacer Help

gps2

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't seem to get my wheel spacers to line up properly and could use a hand from you fellas. First off, I believe I have the correct swingarm/wheel combo on the bike. Rear drum, and the matching swingarm. I installed new bearings and am pretty sure they're seated properly.

I have 3 different types of swingarms and 2 different types of wheels so this has gotten a little complicated. My question is: what spacers do I need to make this wheel fit properly? I have pictured the spacers I have, are any of them applicable? The shop manual diagrams are unclear. Any help is appreciated!

xsrearwheel01.a.jpg

xsrearwheel02.jpg

xsrearwheel04.jpg

xsrearwheel03.jpg

I dont see a spacer in the last picture ( right side of wheel ) is there one there? if not, there should be

One that looks like a thread spool about 1" ??

What you have on the left is correct, slide the wheel all the way left.

The spacer on the left is 70-73 narrow swingarm spacer(right side), the one on the right is 74-80's(right) spacer. The disc brake caliper is the spacer for the disc swingarm, so no extra spacer required for the disc wheel.
1296185196.jpg

TX750 version, same width, slightly different style .....

full

Last edited:
rear axle is 20mm. If you get this part machined, tell the machinist it is an axle spacer, so it doesnt end up too tight.

Back