New 650 Twin from India

Agreed Mailman.

Folks like most of us don’t buy bikes like the XS650 or the R-E for their speed - BUT - the large majority of the motorcycling crowd does treasure speed and power and so....the R-E is bound to lose sales on that score.

Yeah you’re right about that. They will always be marginal sellers. Performance wins the day.

But - it’s too bad because if they kept the price down, they’d sell a ton-o-bikes (hell, I’d buy one at $5K just for the heck of it).

I think that the marketplace does have room for a brand that has relatively low performance and a quirky engine at a premium price - but only one - and H-D already occupies that spot.

I think the 650 was developed to go up against Harleys Street 500 in India. Regardless, I like it, just like I like Triumph Bonnevilles, Sportsters, W650s, XS650s and Benneli 650 Tornadoes and the like. I don't think there will be that many people trying to decide between those and an SV, just like not many people are trying to decide between Supermoto or an RE Bullet.

I dig it... I've been a fan of RE's, and if I had room in my garage and if I didn't already have an XS, then this would be a contender. I probably wouldn't leave it alone/stock though, too many things would need to change to make it "mine". Ha ha

The more I look at this bike, the more I like it. The lights and signals fit it. The exhaust is like the 1965 Interceptor. You can order a chrome
tank. The spoke wheels are a great addition and the rotors are drilled. The only part I don't like is that 'plank' of a seat. I suppose that's to keep the seat height lower for the nostalgia crowd with limited inseam (me). Now it will depend on reviews and a local dealer.

_____1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor___

royal%20enfield%20interceptor.jpg

Back