New Build Thread - XS650 Swingarm Chop-Shakeybones

.....and a new coil. Single coil double pole. It's kinda confusing because it has two terminals for input which I would assume is from the points but no dedicated power. I am assuming the power gets spliced in before but I havent really looked yet.
What ignition you plannin' on running? Put up a pic of the coil.
Also JImnl get your butt down to the shop one evening
Getting ready for the annual pilgrimage to see the in-laws. :doh: After I get back.

I will post up a pic of the coil tomorrow. Called it quits because I was boiling alive in the shop tonight and full of metal shavings and beer.
I would definitely like some advice on wiring that coil though. It's different than any other coil I have had.
Thanks Jim!

Speaking of visiting.... when you coming to get the rotor and filters I promised ya? :whistle:

Oh damn. Well fair enough! I have your tools I need to return also. Are you out of town? If not I can come by Friday after work

Leaving for S. Dakota Thur. We'll figure it out next week.:umm:

Lets see here...
Been down and out due to some broken toes. Build has been slow the last week or so due to the beat up foot and waiting on parts. I been assisting with some other peoples builds at the shop....while I sit in a chair. Its like office hours but for degenerates.
Anyway, I have received my hydraulic clutch conversion pieces and will start that probably by Monday?

Ok! back on this thing finally! I moved shop space to my new house so that took a while to move and transition. Before I can get to building I need to finish fitting the shop to be usable.
I will return soon with shop buildout pics and some new photos of what has been done on this project

'Bout time you showed back up. ;)
Lookin' forward to the shop pics.

Been getting settled still and trying to piece together this new workspace. I also got conned into a CB125 monoshock project for a friend. So I have been working on that lil guy. I did order some XS650 parts finally! I got a deep tunnel peanut tank and a fender from led sleds customs. I am trying to decide on so.e vars but being indecisive.I am in progress of building a new fab table for the new space. Slowly but surely it's coming together...the shop anyway. The bike is nearly where it was since the 125 rolled in but at least I am working again and I am sure I will be back on the XS soon enough
20191209_180621.jpg

Back