New Coil Problem

njrmahoney

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a brand new Coil Fromm Mikes, #17-6803 Made in Taiwan. I am wiring up a Pamco system. When I tried to removed the wires from the spade terminals on the coil, both spades pulled right out of the coil. Any one have this problem? Its junk now.

Yes, that problem has been reported. That coil is junk to begin with, lol.

Agh, another one bites the dust. I bought that same coil and tried to be as careful as could be, and both terminals pulled right out. It's a piece of junk. Huck it in the trash and order yourself an Ultimate coil - you won't be sorry.

Why is mike's still selling that piece of junk? They even state on the site to be careful with the terminals, so they know about the problem.

Because they have a warehouse full of them, lol. It's always been that way with them, even when the real Mike owned the place. They'll stop selling it when the last one goes out the door ..... maybe, lol.

Name brand coils that have a warranty are available for your application for not much more money. Might not be a cajillion volts, but operate in a superior manner to the original and most likely will not fall apart in normal handling for the part. Just because someone sells a bunch of a no name part does not mean it's worth a shit in the long run. $0.02

I have an old one of these and just noticed the terminals for the secondary are spinning when you try to screw wires onto the posts. Other end of the coil not to be outdone I guess.

had the same thing happen.Had another and put my connector on the flat blade,a short wire and another connector that I could disconnect with out the worry of pulling the blades out of the coil.Hope this helps!

Back