New company with a few cool parts

BarnYardCustoms

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
BarnYard Customs. Velocity stacks

Hello my name is Matt and I've started designing and producing a couple custom parts for the Yamaha xs650s. The first part i have available are these velocity stacks (this specific part is not designed by me) that will fit all years of the xs650 carbs. They are machined out of aluminum and include brass screens and set screws. They are available in polished and machined finish. The priced for polished is $85 and machined finished is $80. Shipping will be free on all of my items. Thanks for looking and stay tuned for some new parts that will be listed very very soon. You can contact me through here or e-mail me at Barnyardcustoms@yahoo.com My next part should be listed in the mid this week.

Attachments

• IMG_0543-1.jpg
    IMG_0543-1.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 379
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 340
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Very nice looking, this is the first time I've seen stacks for the stock carbs, great work! I'm broke right now but may be in the market for these in the spring. Good luck !!!

Is it possible to get the specs? The electronics box I used sits offset and hits my filters now

Attachments

• 2012-11-10 10.35.29.jpg
    2012-11-10 10.35.29.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 430
Hey, I recognize what that used to be! An aftermarket cast aluminium air cooled VW valve cover! Cool usage!

Beautiful! The V stacks look cool but the screen is a flow restriction and will only filter out sand and bugs. These are NOT filters. These are not a power adder until the screen is pulled off. My first impression is pulling off the screen and slipping a large real filter over the stack. Now that might work super.

I don't know where the K&N vs. Uni Filter war started. I had an old set of Uni socks that I used before I installed the K&Ns I have on my BS38's. Both work just fine as far as I can tell.

Tom

I never said these were "power adders". You say you will remove the screen because its restricting air flow. Then you go on to say you would add a filter? That would restrict much more air flow than my screens do. And obviously some stuff with get through the screens. They are designed to look cool and keep the big crap out. I see lots of people running open carbs with no screens at all. If you don't like the concept they is no need to comment on them. Simply skip the add and get on the k&n site

Hi Matt,

Sorry for my poorly written earlier post but someone thought these were filters. The screen, being at the smallest area of the V-stack will have the least amount of surface area. Only an observation. These look great and would be a nice cosmetic addition. Tear out the screen and I bet these would flow like crazy. Put a large free flow filter over them and they would still flow great but also filter well. I'm only commenting that these could be race parts. Race parts is not a put down.

Tom

These are absolutely badass and as soon as i get an extra 85 bones you can sign me up for a pair. i will def be in touch. keep up the good work. looking forward to see what else you come up with. If you have a mailing list put me on there. centexcarbs@gmail.com

thanks ,
Holden

Back