For Sale - NEW FRONT GUIDE STOPPER

I was referring to the aftermarket guides? I would take an oem in a second.
At one point I thought there was a problem with aftermarket guides.
If this one is comparable to oem that's awesome.
There had been some complaints in the past about the fit and finish of guides from MikesXS
(It can be very difficult to separate product quality claims from ham handed installation and adjustment. :unsure:)
These from Gary Hoos Racing (fine vendor and heck of a guy) :thumbsup: look, and so far act the part of a great product, but they just haven't been out long enough to answer the long term part. That said there have been a few advances in manufacturing in the last few decades...
I think these are the best answer around since Yamaha quit restocking guides a few years ago. Pretty good chance Yamaha had changed vendors, materials, process in the 50 years since the originals were made. :shrug:

Mikes guide in the foreground, OEM behind it.

3.jpg

Mikes guide in the foreground, OEM behind it.

View attachment 188961
I wouldn't be willing to install that aftermarket guide either. I'm usually reluctant to buy expensive unvetted aftermarket parts. Thanks to this forum for saving me the money I might have spent on that.

Sorry all sold out at 6PM! Group buy price on the Hoos racing front guides
Any foreigners :cool: pm with address for shipping quote.
please send me your address if you paypal F&F
Thanks!
20210414_101530.jpg 20210414_101140.jpg

Last edited:
That was fast, 2 spoken for!
9:30 AM Now 5 are gone
11:00 AM 6 on the way.
And 3 more spoken for, total of 9 gone
So 3 left at 1PM
And completely sold out at 6PM
Didn't realize this was going to be a flash sale.
Thanks to all who got in on this.

Last edited:
Are these guides any better than a nos one? I MIGHT be able to lay my hands on a nos. But would you trust the part that's been laying on the shelf that long? Thanks

Are these guides any better than a nos one? I MIGHT be able to lay my hands on a nos. But would you trust the part that's been laying on the shelf that long? Thanks
my opinion I'd go with these new ones. (well actually I have used these just haven't run the motors yet.)
@hooser

Last edited:
CalsXS2---The guides that Gary Hoos is selling have great fit and finish, as far as trusting one that is perhaps 40 years old , I'll pass on that......I have two engines with the Hoos guides only low miles so far but run and sound great.......

tim

Back