Post a Photo of your Dog

Spent this whole gorgeous sunny warm day out on the backroads of Central New York with my riding buddy Gary.
I chose to saddle up my '76 XS650 June 2020 Calendar Girl, and Gary rode his 750 Norton Commando which he bought new in '71 and eventually fully restored, himself.
In Eaton, NY, we found a complex of 3 large old barns which had some unusual adornments, such as leaded windows.

zzyyy6.jpg

zzyyy2.jpg

zzyyy1.jpg

zzyyy5.jpg

Everywhere we go, the comments are always the same: "WOW ! Nice Norton ! " :)

zzyyy3.jpg

zzyyy4.jpg

That's a sleek ride. My wife came from New Milford, Conn. and was vice president of their hunting club. They had permission from farmer's to hunt their lands and some were club members. Once, I took her to her hunting grounds and her and her dog went out into the field in a snow storm to hunt pheasant that were stocked in bushes, I stayed in the car and they were out for a couple of hours in the storm with no success, before the her Springer decided to call it quits and came back to the car, leaving her alone in the field. The beautiful farms are still there, but route 7, from where you exit route 84 to along the Housatanic River is getting built up with strip malls.
Hey GB - New Milford is up county from us, close enough that our schools are in the same high school sports division. I’ve heard of a few hunt clubs, I think that NM one may still be around. Nice town. Litchfield County to the east really opens up.

I chose to saddle up my '76 XS650 June 2020 Calendar Girl, and Gary rode his 750 Norton Commando which he bought new in '71 and eventually fully restored, himself.

Man, I'm sitting here right now in Sunny Scotland (it's pissing down) with the calendar and your bike literally in touching distance on the wall! Maybe that's got to mean something?

Great pair of bikes. We've all noticed that you and Gary have very similar taste when it comes to motorbike colour schemes.

Oh, and great barn for the location too.

Hey GB - New Milford is up county from us, close enough that our schools are in the same high school sports division. I’ve heard of a few hunt clubs, I think that NM one may still be around. Nice town. Litchfield County to the east really opens up.
We drive up to go hiking and boating. There's a beautiful free launch ramp and new floating dock at Lake Lillenonah. Here's the launch ramp. It's a destination for bikers. I saw this guy launching his Chriscraft. He told me the windshield was from a Messerschmidt. I have no way of knowing, but the chrome work (bright work, as boaters call it) was impeccable.

Attachments

• LILENONAH#1.jpg
    LILENONAH#1.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 169
  • LILENONAH#2.jpg
    LILENONAH#2.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 142
We drive up to go hiking and boating. There's a beautiful free launch ramp and new floating dock at Lake Lillenonah. Here's the launch ramp. It's a destination for bikers. I saw this guy launching his Chriscraft. He told me the windshield was from a Messerschmidt. I have no way of knowing, but the chrome work (bright work, as boaters call it) was impeccable.[
I’m LMAO! Rough day. Brother passed in September and today’s his birthday. Father in law went to hospital today bc or Wuhan. Thanks for the laugh.

Back