New Game: Old Garage Photo w/your XS

Hoist by your own petard so's to speak.
Sister about 15 was a car hop at a root beer stand, they kept all the money in a wallet for the whole shift. Few hundred bux (in the 60s, serious money). Guy tried to steal it, she would NOT let go! Guy dragged her out in the weeds behind the joint kicking and screaming.
wait for it.
He finally gave up and ran off. The owner about died, told her NEVER fight a robber, let him take it!. that changed the wallets full of cash policy.
Stubborn in my family? what makes you think that?

Today's offering......

IMG_20180819_155759.jpg

Bonus points for a pic of your buddy on your XS in front of an old garage?

IMG_20180819_155040.jpg

Yup, and well......we did switch it up for a bit......

IMG_20180819_155118.jpg

Buddy said I want you to give er a little. I said as long as you promise not to try to keep up....lol.

Whoooo boy. Look down at the speedo and you're past the ton by a bunch, reeeaalll quick. No powerband on this bike, just POWER!
I can see how a fella could get in trouble pretty quick on one of these.

His comment. "I can see these mirrors are just on here cause that's the law"...lol

Yup, and well......we did switch it up for a bit......

View attachment 124559
I can see how a fella could get in trouble pretty quick on one of these.

Yes you could! Lol! On the other hand it really is an amazing engineering feat to have such explosive power packaged in such a smooth and civilized package. That bike could absolutely rip on a drag strip but you could commute to work on it just as easily as much smaller and less powerful bike.

Yes you're right Bob. It really is an incredible piece, and once you get used to the rear sets, quite comfortable to ride actually.

I'm glad I had a chance to ride one of these. Quite the the thrill!

Yes you could! Lol! On the other hand it really is an amazing engineering feat to have such explosive power packaged in such a smooth and civilized package. That bike could absolutely rip on a drag strip but you could commute to work on it just as easily as much smaller and less powerful bike.
G'day Bob,

There is a bloke near Brisbane, Queensland who turboed one of these, THEN, NOS.

WTF??

Somebody told me that Suzuki called it Hyabusa because it is a Japanese falcon which eats.....................................Blackbirds!!!

GW

We had a nice morning for riding, yesterday, and numerous bikes were out on the road.
It was 75 degrees by 9am, though very humid.
I hadn't had the '83 out in quite a while, so I took it to the town of Lafayette for breakfast.
Nearby is Mike Amidon's old garage; closed for the holiday.

mike.jpeg

Years ago Mike drove a Late Model race car at one of the local short oval tracks like the Fulton Speedway.

fultonlineup.jpg

Every other garage owner in Central New York has a beat up short track car parked next to the building, and one out of ten homeowners have one on a trailer parked in the driveway. Or out back, with weeds growing up around it. Lawn ornaments.

5f35caaf47c1ee3de1ff2f49cf04a894--car-barn-fresh.jpg

I polished the tappet covers on the '76 in anticipation of attending the Jordan Fall Festival Car and Bike Show.

Needed gas on the way there, so I stopped at Merlin Motors in Skaneateles, NY , where the sign (can you make it out in the upper left?)
seemed to indicate GAS being sold.

Merlin 026.JPG

Merlin 031.JPG

Merlin 030.JPG

Apparently, not...:(

But at least they have clean bathrooms !

Merlin 033.JPG

'THEY' say it's gonna be a nice mild fall but 'THEY'VE' been wrong before eh?
Wasn't missing out on a ride on this nice day. Figured cutting the grass can wait and I've got all winter to prep Black Betty's tank and tins.
Headed out to old "Ontario Victorian Oil Country"

Think I set a new personal best for one day!

IMG_20180923_144210.jpg

IMG_20180923_150051.jpg

IMG_20180923_151140.jpg

IMG_20180923_155504.jpg

IMG_20180923_162117.jpg

'THEY' say it's gonna be a nice mild fall but 'THEY'VE' been wrong before eh?
Wasn't missing out on a ride on this nice day. Figured cutting the grass can wait and I've got all winter to prep Black Betty's tank and tins.
Headed out to old "Ontario Victorian Oil Country"

Think I set a new personal best for one day!

View attachment 126238

View attachment 126239

View attachment 126240

View attachment 126242

View attachment 126244

Dang! Look at Robin setting the bar high . Gonna have to go scouting! :bike:

Back